Clumsy

"I have some fan gifts I'd like to leave for Nemo." I told the staff.

"Ah yes. Well. He's actually right-" the coffee shop staff slipped.

And I turned around to see Neil miming out gestures to his staff.

This was the first hint I had.
That led me to find Nemo in you.
Neil Morgan.

At first, I was denying it for myself. Well ofcourse, it's like admitting myself that I fell for you all over again without even knowing that it was still actually you, Neil.

I couldn't admit it yet.
I couldn't admit that it has always been you and will always be you, Neil.

While Neil was fixing the furnitures in his store, he was sweating hard. I was checking him out- No. I mean- I was just looking at him since I was ordering him around! I'm not really- okay, Danni?!

But anyway, he was sweating and fanning out his shirt a lot. I noticed the shirt he wore was also a shirt that Nemo used to wear on one of his social media posts.

Also, his staff kept giving him guitar picks, band stickers and other guitar whatnots as random gifts.

He fiddles his little finger on mine. At first, I evaded it and flicked it away but he was persistent and he suddenly interlocked his fingers on mine. All this while were at the counter asking out orders from customers. I was blushing and warming up uncontrollably.

It feels like my entire youth came back flashing at me with just this much skinship. He was making my heart beat extremely. Is he feeling this too?

Along with this, I felt how coarse his hand was. It was thick and rough. Like there were callous build up on the tips of his fingers. A guitarist's hands.

Nemo uploaded his cover for "Quit Playin' Games with my Heart" by Backstreet Boys. It was very subtle and I replayed it probably a million times but he quietly sang a part of the song. A whisper. While he slaps his guitar.

[I live my life the way
To keep you comin back Danni]

I downloaded the video, boosted all my speakers till my neighbors knock to complain. I wasn't wrong. Danni! He said Danni! I'm not delusional!

Since it was an ongoing guitar cover, the sounds cannot be distorted. This voice. Deep and sweet. It was his.

However, I can't be so sure still. If my hunch is true, why did he decide to run this streaming account? Why is he hiding his identity? Why- why isn't he clarifying his intentions with me?

With confused thoughts stirring my head, I just impulsively messaged him.

DANNI: Can we meet up Nemo?

If you're really Neil, can you just see me and tell me how you really feel about me?

Until one day, I got sick of keeping up with his antics. He also started ignoring me again. I am uncomfortable. This situation is making me stressed. I knew I needed to do something or else, I'd end up broken hearted once again.

"Do you know Nemo?" I asked him finally.

But he brushed me off and answered, "No idea. Why?"

This is so frustrating!

Then why? Why did you kiss me? Why do you tease me? Why are you ignoring me? Why are you mad at me, Neil?
Before knowing it, I was lashing out at him. I can't take it anymore.

But all my anger flipped as soon as he said, "I like you, Danni."

It took a while to process the feelings that were building up on me as I face him and look him deep in his eyes.