Chapter 3

The gathering

They left early in the morning since tonight was the full moon.

Grayecho and his friend left while we were all sleeping.

I got out of my den and I saw Sparrowpaw who was standing outside of my den with her mentor, Windchasser. I got out and said "You could have come in, I was eating some fresh kill." I mewed. "I am here to talk to you Froststar." He said licking his paw.

"Windchasser may I go on patrol with Ashcreek and Whitepaw?" Said Sparrowpaw to her mentor. "Fine but becarful and dont go away from Ashcreek and-" "I promise to you that I will not." Then she left. "Come on in my den Windchasser." I followed him as he was entering my den. "Wow beatiful view on the river make sure you then dosent get flooded."

"It wont dont worry, now why are you here?" "Okay I know I havent been a good warrior in the past time with everything I have done but Sparrowpaw has becomed a amazing apprentice and I want her to be a warrior soon." He said with his eyes glittering.

"But it has only been 3 moons and it has to be 6 moons." "I know but she is almost better than your deputy!" "HOW DARE YOU COMPARE YOUR APPRENTICE TO MY DEPUTY EVEN THOUGH I RESPECT YOUR APPRENTICE." I said coughing after.

" I am very sorry but can we at least have a battle to find out?"

"Fine, if she wins she will become a warrior when Whitepaw has his ceremony."

"Yes Froststar that is wha I would like."

"I am not happy with this. What do you think the other apprentices will think about this? For example Redpaw or Foxpaw, Bigpaw, shadepaw and Bearpaw."

"They will be warriors soon." "You do not decide this Im leader I decide now go back to your den and sleep, it is the gathering tonight." "Sorry Froststar I am just doing this because Sparrowpaw is like a sister to me." "I know, now leave." I say.

He got out of my den and I did too. I went to the highrock and called a meeting.

"All cats who are old enough to hunt please come and I have news."

As warriors and apprentices and the medicine cat and deputy arrived at the bottom of the high rock. "We are leaving for the gathering right now because it is far."

We left camp and some warriors stayed.

We walked through the forest of death on the thunderpath and saw some huge dens!

They had all colors, the entance actually had a wall.

It was calm and empty since it was night. We crossed a small river and through another forest then climbed a small slope and arrived.

There was already 2 clans Forestclan, mightyclan. We entered the clearing and warriors and other cats stared at us as we passed. I was my brother Silverstar! 

"HI Silverstar." We hugged and the other clan entered.I went up the high rock to join the other leaders and I started giving the news. "Hello all those who are old enough to hunt, I want to say that my clan is doing fine. We are rebuilding camp and some of the queens brought in new litters and we have more strength now. " "I am glad." Said my brother Silverstar leader of mightyclan. "One last thing is that the clan is now Mudclan and not Sandclan because there is no more sand 

and there is mud, I will go to the gem stone and talk to starclan." "Very well now it is my turn are clan is doing really good we lost are deputy but are new deputy is now Grayecho." Said leader of Forestclan, Streamstar. I thought how could she make a mouse- brain cat a deputy? "He showed my clan great loyalty and risk." She added looking at her new deputy. "What did he do then?" I said licking my fur.

"He told all clans that the meeting would be here." She replied. "Yes but did you know your lazy cat slept in a clan without asking you and was whispering secrets behind my back?" I said One more time. "I didnt know but I still think he will make a fine deputy." She said again. "Okay I think it should be my turn, Starclan doesent want us fighting, they want us to talk about the are clans." Said the leader of Lightclan, Smallstar.

"Lightclan is doing very well. After the attacks of the rogues last moon we lost many of our warriors and some apprentices. We are now looking very carefully for any trace and we are also patrolling very often."He finished. "Mightyclan needs your help, we have a sickness in are clan and we already lost 2 warriors and 2 Elders we would like any medicine cat to help us even thought are medicine cat is doing a amazing job." Mewed Silverstar.

Why didin't you tell me brother? I thought.

"Silverstar I dont know the opinion of my medicine cat but I would like to say if Beeshine want to help you with the sickness-" "Thank you Froststar I will never forget this."

The medicine cat screamed "Of course I would want to help!" Mewed Beeshine.

Silverstar's eyes started glittering as the medicine cats replied yes.

"Thank you everyone I am sure Starclan thanks all of you for your kindness."

The leaders went down the high rock to talk a bit, then left back to their clan.

But before they left there was a sound of big paws walking on the hard ground.

They popped their heads out and it was dogs. We all turned around and saw them with their big teeths and their bloody thrust eyes. Sparrowpaw walked toward them. Everyone's eyes were going big and I thought what is she doing? "Shoo fly, Shoo fly."

She said, The dogs replied "Are you talking to us?" "Yeah big fly shoo." "How dare you idiot cat, we are the puppy's of the one that killed the idiot bluestar and we are back." He growled. "How there you we want peace." She mewed again before leaving.

My ears roared with blud because of the risk she was taking. They could attack any moment. "Warriors of Forestclan attack!" Said their leader Streamstar. What a mouse-brain cat she is. Then their warriors attacked the dogs and Sparrowpaw was hiding behind me. 5 dogs were fighting while 1 was waiting for more cats.

Streamstar was attacked by the leg and now bleeding. Her medicine cat rushed over and heeled her. What in Starclan was she thinking? My deput Ashcreek was about to attack but I stopped him right in time. "Dont, not yet Ashcreek." He was dissapointed but I didn't care. "Do you see what these monsters are doing?" "Yes, Froststar." He mewed.

Sprarrowpaw's fur was all messed up and mine was clean. I was like a mother to Sparrowpaw. Lightclan left earlier. "Are you sure you dont want to attack?"

He added. "I DONT, I DONT WANT MORE DAMAGE TO MY CLAN!" I said.

"Fine, but I am." Mewed Silverstar behind my back. "Dont! Your clan is sick and weak!" "This is for forestclan." He said one more time before saying "Warriors of mightyclan attack!" Then his warriors attacked and the medicine cats were talking and looking in terror. "We are the only clan not attacking Froststar I think Askcreek is right." Said Windchasser. "Fine but if most of you die it's not my fault." I mewed one more time to him "Very well." He said.

"ATTACK!" I yowled. We all attacked and Ashcreek was the first one to jump on the dog and bite him. "OOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWW" Screamed the dog in pain.

I attacked him and tried the death bite on his neck but it didn't kill him but did a lot of damage to his neck. The other dogs that were attacked were strugling with the cats on them. My warriors flipped one of the dogs and killed it. The dogs were scared of us now and ran into the bushes. "Ashcreek call the warriors back now!"Ashcreek called all warriors and apprentices.And Beeshine called all the hurt cats. And as we walked back I wondered how the warriors I left back at camp would think about these hurt warriors.