Chapter 78 || Belamour

"This is fun", Nidra screeched

"Nidu, let's get Appa out, shall we? It's been long", Ruthira asked, scratching Rudra's ears since he was buried under the sand. Nidra thought for a second before agreeing.

"Finally", Rudra sighed once he was out. "Appa, water"! "Do you want to swim"? Nidra nodded holding his hand.

"Come", he carried her. He stretched his hand out to help Ruthira get up. "The both of you go ahead. I'll stay here, I'm on my periods. It will be uncomfortable and Butter will be here alone".

"Do you need heat pad"? Ruthira denied and motioned them to get to the ate.

"EEEK", Nidra squealed when the coldness touched her feet. "Are you having fun", Rudra chuckled. "YES"! After minutes of fun, they were done.

"I'm tired", Nidra whined, snuggling into her mother's chest. "Nidu, you hungry"? "Mmm, very". "What shall we eat", Rudra asked.

"Pissa"! "No Nidu! I had told you yesterday itself, no fast food today since you wanted McDonald's for lunch". "No, I want pissa"!

"Don't show your tantrums. We had a deal and you agreed", Ruthira sternly said. "Appa, I want pissa", Nidra mumbled with her famous puppy eyes.

Rudra melted when he saw the welled up tears, at the verge of falling. "Ruthira, just this once", he tried convincing her.

"Don't try to jeopardise her diet"! Nidra sniffed wiping her tears. "She's crying Ruthira, just once". "Woof woof"!

"Even Bu- Buffer wants pissa", Nidra whimpered. "Don't cry bubba, Appa will get you pizza". "Rudra, don't fall for her crocodile tears. If you give in now, she'll know she can have things her way by crying", Ruthira glared at her.

"I'm getting her pizza and that's final! If you don't want you don't eat but my bubba will", Rudra snapped. He picked up her bag and left.

Ruthira huffed and got up. She dusted her clothes and Butter off the sand. Walking to their car, she opened the door for Butter.

"From today onwards you plan her diet", she mumbled with anger, buckling her seatbelt. "Appa, bubba no want pissa. Amma choose", Nidra pouted understanding her mother wasn't happy.

"Just go to the pizza place", Ruthira ordered. "Amma plan diet. Appa no good". Rudra rolled his eyes. "Nidu, only this once. If you be adamant like this again, Amma will not get you fast food anymore".

"Okay Amma , thank you"! Nidra screamed in excitement while Rudra drove to the pizza place.

=====

The next week, Ruthira, Rudra and Nidra reached Chennai. Her relatives in Chennai had never seen Nidra face to face.

"Hello Nidra", Aaruna squealed, taking Nidra into her arms. "Hi Perima", Nidra mumbled. "My turn Akka", Aaradhana took her.
(Mother's elder sister)