Chapter 2

POV Tobias

Mate! Mate! Mate! My wolf, Caspian, screamed in my head. The girl who is my mate was sitting at a small table, seemingly engrossed in whatever she was talking about. Another girl sits next to her, this girl had curly blond hair and somehow no scent. My wolf growled at the blond girl, he seemed to find her a danger to our mate. My beta and gamma, who were standing next to me, also seemed weary of this blond girl.

Alpha, my wolf doesn't like that blond girl. My Beta, Micah, told me through the pack link.

Mine as well, he keeps on repeating "protect the brunet". My Gamma, Luca, agreed.

That is because she is your Luna. Your wolves see the blond-haired one as a threat to her and therefore want to protect your Luna at all cost. I explained to them.

You found your mate! I can't believe the pack will finally have a Luna. Micah practically screeched through the pack link.

Yeah, congrats man. Now let's go protect our Luna! I immediately stalked over to my mate's table and growled "mate" quietly. The blond girl leaped up and shields my mate from me. This made my wolf further enraged.

"Now now big bad wolfy, why don't you back away from this table," the blond girl commands. I looked into her eyes and suddenly I could smell the strong scent of a rogue werewolf coming from her.

"Get away from my mate, rogue," I growled with distaste.

"Ophelia, what in the world are you doing and who is this man?" My beautiful mate asked. The blond girl, or now Ophelia, turned towards my mate.

"Gwen, this male is your soulmate and a terrible one at that." I instantly growled at her statement; no alpha wolf appreciates being disrespected in front of its mate.

"Growl all you want, wolfy, but if you kill me and that is an if, I can guarantee that my sister will hate you. Now if you would like to have a relationship with your mate then I recommend you tell your Beta and Gamma to stop acting like they're going to kill me and sit down. Also, you need to sit down," Ophelia ordered. Micah and Luca reluctantly sat at the table, leaving an open seat next to my mate for me. Despite what I would have wished, I sat down.

"See that wasn't so difficult. Now wolfy, this is my half-sister, Gwen. Why don't you tell us your name?"

"I am Tobias Jasper Frost," I replied. Gwen smiled at my name and oh how I loved that smile.

"Phea, please explain to me what this is all about," Gwen begged Ophelia.

"I think it would be best if you heard it from this male," My mate's sister replied. Ophelia then shot me a warning look, almost daring me to mess up. I would never mess up, my mate already means too much to me.

"Well you see, I am a werewolf," I started to explain. My mate's eyes bulged out of her head and she started to hyperventilate. Instinctively, I reached for her hands and grasped them between mine, the mate sparks that everyone promises shot across our hands. Her breathing slowed as I clutched her hands and soon, she opened her eyes and stared at me. Her eyes seemed to be a deep forest that I could fall into forever and ever.

"You are a werewolf?" Gwen asked in disbelief.

"Yes, I am also the alpha of the pack who's land you are on."

"What did Ophelia mean when she said you are my mate and a terrible one at that?" Ophelia snickered at her sister's words.

"A mate is like the soulmate of a werewolf. Every werewolf has a destined mate, whether it be another werewolf, vampire, or in our case a human," I answered. I then went on to answer any of her questions and explain all about werewolves. After about an hour and a half, Ophelia cut in.

"Not to break up this lovely chat or anything, but it is getting pretty late. So if you could let us stay in your pack house tonight that would be lovely."

This rogue dares to invite herself to my pack house! How in the world is she related to my lovely mate? Caspian wondered. He didn't appreciate this rogue's blunt disrespect but he knew that no harm could come to her or else our mate would be enraged.

"You can't just invite yourself to the packhouse, rogue. The pack would kill you if they even knew you were here," I argued.

"Now you are really going to make your mate sleep with a rogue in the woods tonight? I mean that is a wonderful opportunity. A Luna in the woods alone with just one rogue. You sure you want to endanger your mate like that?" The rogue taunted. Caspian was livid at the threat to harm his mate. He immediately took control of my mind and lunged at the rogue. The rogue dodged the attack with ease, almost as if she had known it was coming. Then she grabbed my wrist and forced me into my seat. When she touched my wrist, I also thought I saw her eyes shine silver.

"Stop! What in the world is happening?" Gwen screeched. Caspian quickly stopped at his mate's mad voice and gave me control again.

Nice going bud, give me control now that you got our mate mad.

Hey, mate is scary when she is mad. Caspian reasoned.

"First off, what is a rogue and why would the pack want to kill a human, particularly if it is their Luna's sister?"

"That's the thing, I'm not human. I am a werewolf like them. A rogue werewolf," The rogue told Gwen.

"You are a werewolf and never told me! How are you, my own flesh and blood, a werewolf?"

"We are half-sisters, Gwen, not full. My father was a werewolf and our mother a human. My father's werewolf genes are more dominant than the human ones so therefore I am werewolf."

"So that's why you went missing for 4 years, you had become a werewolf!" Gwen practically screamed. Ophelia tensed at this and growled quietly.

"I didn't choose to be kidnapped; things happened in those 4 years Gwen that you will never know. So, don't you dare say anything about that time!" Ophelia said in a dangerously low tone. "Now Mr. Alpha, tell Caspian to take a joke and to stop trying to kill his mate's sister." I was frozen in place, how in the world did she know my wolf's name? Not even most of my pack knows that.

"Oh please, don't be so surprised. You saw my eyes shine silver. What does that mean?"

Silver eyes, silver eyes, what does that mean?

Stupid human! She is an oracle and it would seem that she is a strong one if she gets visions from touching people. Caspian informed me.

"Why is an oracle alone and a rogue? Haven't you found your mate?" Micah asked.

"I did find him."

"Why isn't he with you then? Don't oracles have an even greater connection with their mate than an alpha wolf?" Luca wondered aloud.

"Yes, we do and to answer your question my mate is dead," Ophelia stated. Her face revealed no emotions, it was almost as if it was frozen in stone. How in the world could an oracle talk about her dead mate with so much indifference? I could never imagine talking about Gwen like that and I just met her. A look of surprise passed over everyone's faces upon the reveal of this new information.

"What? Phea, how come I never knew about this?" Gwen asked her sister. A very calm and collected Ophelia responded simply,

"Like I said, many things happened in those 4 years I was missing." Gwen looked as though she wanted to say something else but held herself back. Probably because she knew she wouldn't get answers.

"Now, I will be much obliged if you would lead us to your pack house," Ophelia stated with authority.

"Why are you coming to my pack house?" I asked her.

"Since my sister will be living with you indefinitely, I will need a couple weeks with her there and then I will leave. Also, Gwen, you can keep the camper, I won't be needing it."

"Ok then, I will have a room made for you. Gwen dear, are you fine with sharing a room with me?" I lightly asked my mate. Gwen nodded her head slowly, which is understandable due to her just meeting me. Luca and Micah stood up first and walked out the door. Ophelia stood up slowly, her eyes never losing their calculating aura. I grasped Gwen's hand tenderly into my own as I led her to my car.