Chapter 3

(I love Mitski)

Harry's POV

I followed Ron and Hermione off the boat and to the area where they were guiding first years. The three of us stayed close in the large crowd.

Then a woman that introduced herself as McGonagall told us about each house and what they meant. Then she told us to all line up in alphabetical order.

We all got split up, Hermione being in the front, me in the middle, and Ron all the way at the back.

Professor McGonagall lead us into a big dining area. Then one by one we were called up to a hat. The sorting hat.

I had read about the sorting hat but it truly wasn't what I was expecting. I zoned out until I heard them call for Hermione. They set the hat on her head, struggling a bit with how big her hair is.

The hat must have been contemplating because it took a while. Then to my shock it yelled out Gryffindor. With everything I had learned about her I thought she would be in Ravenclaw.

A few more students were called before I heard a person named Draco Malfoy be called.

I read about the Malfoy's. They are a powerful pure blood family. It would be good to be friends with him.

I craned my neck to see what he looked like and I never would have guessed but it's him. Then I started putting the pieces together. I had read that the Malfoy's had blond hair and striking eyes.

This completely ruins the plan to get close to him. I would be why too nervous especially since it's the first time I would ever have emotions.

I would probably overload him and scare him off. I can not have that happening. I'll have to take a much slower approach to talking to him.

"Harry Potter!"

My name had beed called. I didn't even get to see what house my Draco was in. I walked up to the seat and I heard lots of whispers.

The hat got placed on my head and it immediately started speaking to me.

"I've been waiting for the next Potter for a while." It said inside my mind.

"Did you sort my father?" I thought.

"That I did. You know, he told me something strange that day." The hat said.

"What did he say?" I asked.

"He asked that if one of his children were to ever have the same 'illness' he had to put them in his house." The hat explained.

Why would father ask that?

"I suspect he hid something for you." The hat added.

That makes sense, but what could he have possibly left for me?

"I feel obligated to grand his wish, therefore.."

"Gryffindor!" The hat yelled out loud.

The hat was taken from my head and I stood and walked to the Gryffindor table. I sat next to Hermione and she smiled at me.

"We're in the same house! I wonder if Ron will also be a Gryffindor?" She exclaimed.

"Oh he-"

"-definitely will!"

I looked over to see two redhead twins. They had been at the train station with Molly. And they looked like carbon copies of Ron.

"I'm Fred! And that's George!" One of the twins said.

"No, I'm Fred! And that's George!" The other on said.

I turned away not really caring which is which. But Hermione seemed interested in talking to them.

"Are you Ron's brothers?" She asked.

"We sure are!" One responded.

"Though, little Ron Ron likes to ignore us." The other laughed.

Hermione giggled at the nickname. We all stopped when Ron's name was called. The hat barely touched his head when it yelled out Gryffindor.

The Gryffindor table let out cheers but especially the twins. Ron came over and sat by Hermione and I.

"Guess we won't be getting rid of each other very soon." Hermione joked.

Ron laughed and I forced a smile. Someone cleared their voice and everyone turned to the podium.

It was headmaster Dumbledore. He started some speech about how he welcomes all first years and not to go in some forrest. But I didn't listen at all, I was to busy staring at my Draco.

Suddenly he turned his head and looked at me. We made eye contact and I couldn't help but smile at him. He looked away but I clearly saw the tips of his ears turning red.

The dinner ended and all the food and plates disappeared. The prefects lead us to the dorms and gave a little speech about what our house stands for.

Again, this interested me about as much as other peoples emotions did so I ignored everything that was said.

After the speech Ron excitedly pulled me to the dorm rooms. For some reason we had to share a room with 4 other people.

I scowled at the thought of living with 4 hormonal boys. I walked over to the bed that had my luggage on it but noticed a piece of paper on top of my bag.

It was a letter addressed to me. I opened it and a note fell out.

"Harry, if you are reading this you are at Hogwarts right now. Hopefully you are in Gryffindor because if not this will be a lot harder. I have left a present for you near the fireplace. Touch the left lions nose at exactly midnight and you will receive it. Good luck my son." I whispered softly to myself.

Are you kidding me? He couldn't have just left it in the vault.

~ small time skip ~

I snuck to the main area of the dorms quietly. This better be worth it. I looked at the time, 11:59. Perfect.

I went to the left lion and watched the clock closely. The second it hit 12 I pushed on the nose of the lion. Nothing happened for a second and I thought I had just got up for no reason.

But then the lion started to move. It swung open and revealed a small compartment inside it. There was a box and another slip of paper.

I looked at the paper and read it. It was just a congratulations note about how he was proud of me or something. Honestly I didn't care.

What I did care about is what was in this box. I opened it expecting something great.

A cloak, it was a cloak. Really dad. Whatever maybe it was to keep me warm.

As I stood two more pieces of paper fell out of the cloak. Oh my god what is with this man's obsession with notes.

I rolled my eyes before reading the note.

"I know what you might be thinking, a cloak and a blank piece of paper how is this going to be useful. But you will thank me. The cloak is an invisibly cloak and the map will show you where anyone in Hogwarts is at that current moment. Do as you wish with this."

Well this day just got a whole lot better. Thank you father for actually being useful for once.

I took my new toys and all the notes back to my room.

"I solemnly swear that I am up to no good."

The map opened and I saw the names of every student in Hogwarts. I searched for the name Draco Malfoy. I found him in the Slytherin dungeons.

I smiled as I put the map away. This year will be a lot easier with the new tools I gained.

Thanks dad.

A/N: hey lovelies! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. As you read I decided to make Harry a Gryffindor. I hope you don't mind that. Please tell me your thoughts on this chapter. And with that, I'm off. Goodbye my lovelies.