Chapter 10

(Dipper pov)

I groan softly as I force my eyes open, regretting how much I drank last night. I feel myself blush bright red seeing myself tangled in Bill's arms, my cheek resting against his bare chest. The blush gets worse as I remember that I kissed him and he actually came after me to kiss me back. Fuck, I really am making things between us more complicated by the fucking day.

It's not like the kiss meant anything, I was just drunk. But his kiss.....it was tender and soft and unlike anything I've ever felt before. I lick my lips nervously as I try to rationalize all of this in my head.

If it meant nothing, then another kiss would prove that there isn't anything there. And if I'm wrong, well......then it's a good thing he's sleeping.

I look up at him, brushing some of his hair out of his face as I gently kiss his lips. I yelp in surprise as I feel him roll me on my back and get on top of me, kissing me back. He pulls away from the kiss with his usual smirk, his eye seeming to sparkle with amusement.

"That's one way to wake me up, Pinetree. Can't say that I wouldn't mind waking up that way everyday."

I just laugh nervously as I try to make words work properly. "H-How long have y-you been awake?"

"For a while. You just looked too adorable for me to bother waking you."

"......did you mean it last night? O-Or was it just some.....fluke?"

He pecks me on the lips gently. "Everything that happened last night, was meant with true intentions. I care deeply about you, Pinetree, and nothing in the world is ever going to make me change my mind."

He kisses me softly again and I kiss him softly back as I run my hands through his hair, feeling his hands slowly running up my sides under my shirt.

My fingers hook themselves under the strap of his eye patch and I'm just about to take it off him when he suddenly pulls away and grabs my wrist pinning it to the bed tightly, his strength hurting and feeling like he could easily break my wrist. He looks down at me with a cold and angry expression, snarling slightly. "Don't. Touch. That."

"I.....I-I'm s-sorry.....I won't do it again...." He gets off of me and pulls his clothes on, keeping his back to me. I sit up rubbing my wrist, seeing he had gripped it so tightly that he actually left bruises. "Bill, did I.....d-did I do something wrong?" I reach for him as he pulls his coat on but he just jerks away from me, pulling on his boots and grabbing his hat.

"It's not you." Is all he says as he briskly walks out of the room, putting his hat on his head and slamming the door on his way out.

I pull my knees to my chest, feeling so confused and hurt. He said it wasn't me but then what was it? We had been more than fine last night and we were fine now until I touched his eye patch.

Does he not want me to see it that bad? Maybe he thinks that I won't care for him if I see his eye gone? But he said his attitude change wasn't because of me. Fuck, I don't know anything. I'm just so confused about everything.

I feel tears coming down my face as Tad peeks his head into the room. I quickly try to wipe the tears away but it doesn't work. "Is Bill-.....what's wrong?" He comes into the room shutting the door behind him.

"I-It's nothing...."

"Come on, Dipper, I can obviously see that something is deeply wrong. Did you and Bill get into a fight or something?"

"No, not really.....I don't even know...."

"What do you mean?"

"We were just.....everything was fine with us until I went to take off his eye patch. It was like a switch flipped and he stormed out."