Chapter Three: Truth Comes Out

3rd POV:

The room is filled with beautiful rhythms, all of the instruments enhance the others. It was like this was how it was meant to be from the start. This was perfect, Jake was even more proud of this then he was that he helped Hailey write. Just watching all of his best friends try their best at something new to them really boosted Jakes spirits.

As Jake had finished up singing, everyone started to cheer. They were already getting somewhere and it's only been about a day.

"We're actually good at this! We will be able to beat them for sure." Liam smirked as he said this, raising his hands to the back of head as he leaned back. Only in doing so, he fell backwards and hit his head on the floor. The group laughed at him as he failed to get up.

"Haha, very funny," he said this in a sarcastic manor.

Henry went over and helped Liam up, Drew and Jake smirked at eachother as they did so. They knew for a fact that the two had liked eachother for a while now.

*FLASHBACK* Two years prior to the events that have been taking place.

"Henry come on, who's your crush? You have to tell us!" Jake pleaded.

"Come on, Henry, we won't tell anyone. I never told anyone about Jakes crush on Daisy, right?" Drew said, trying to go along with Jake.

Jake then said that he didn't tell Henry yet and then the two started bickering back and fourth as Henry thought to himself. He was wondering if he should tell them how he liked the friend that just so happened to be absent that day.

"I like Liii-" Henry kept holding it out as Jake and Drew turned their attention back to him with surprised faces, expecting Henry to finally admit that he liked Liam.

"Iiiiiia! I like Lia. I do." Henry said. He tried to sound as believable as possible but they both knew that the Lia thing is a total cover up for his crush on Liam.

*BACK TO PRESENT TIME*

Drew and Jake smirked at eachother as Henry and Liam sat at the keyboard. Out of no where, Henry's face went red and he started to practically freak out. Jake was really confused, but Drew just figured that Liam decided to flirt with him again. Henry always gets all flustered when Liam does that, Drew honestly doesn't know how Liam hasn't noticed Henry's massive crush on him yet.

Drew went down to get some snacks and drinks with Jake, leaving just Henry and Liam in the room. They start talking as usual and then suddenly Liam looks like he had an idea. Henry was really confused because after he asked if Liam needed something he just didn't respond.

"Liam? You goo-" Henry got cut off as Liam pulled him in.

Henry's face was now as red as a tomato because of the way that Liam was holding him.

"Liam!? What's-" Liam then pulled him in closer and put a finger up to Henry's lips.

"Who are you in love with, Henry?"

Henry just sat there, looking into Liam's eyes while he debated what he was going to respond with. Of course, he loves Liam, but Henry always thought that Liam 'knew' that he liked Lia.

"L-Lia, of course! I've told you so many times!.." Henry said this as he tried to look away, but Liam pulled his head right back to where he was facing him again which only made Henry's face grow to be an even more florescent red.

"Are you sure? It seems somebody else has caught your eye lately." Liam said this, moving ever so slightly closer to Henry. Most wouldn't notice, but Henry sure did and was internally dying.

"U-uhm well-" Henry then suddenly got cut off once more as Liam spoke to him with the words that Henry had wanted to hear most for so long.

"Just shut up and kiss me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Drew and Jake were downstairs bickering back and fourth on what snacks they should get, and in the process they eventually started a food fight. The two boys were throwing apples, popcorn, candy, and a whole lot more food that the two and found in Drew's kitchen. They couldn't stop laughing about the situation.

"Take this!" Drew yelled, as he threw a random can of beans that he had found in the cupboard next to him.

Jake caught the can as he smirked at Drew, making Drew's face ever slightly go red. Jake then grabbed a banana from the bowl of fruit to his left and threw it at Drew, in which Drew had ducked to dodge it. The two kept going back and forth throwing it at eachother until they were both exhausted. They eventually just decided to bring up popcorn and a bunch of candies.

When they got up there, Henry and Liam were playing their instruments, trying to perfect every last move. That was until they looked at the time, and realized that it was almost midnight. The four decided to play truth or dare to pass time because none of them were tired and they've been practicing all day.

"Ooo Henry, truth or dare?" Jake said and he smirked after he said it.

"Truth because I do not like that smile." Henry said this with an annoyed tone, which made Liam chuckle a bit.

"Who do you actually li-" Jake got cut off by Henry really suddenly.

"Liam."

Drew and Jake just sat in silence as Liam laughed a bit at Henry's sudden response. Henry looked at Liam and they stared for like twenty seconds until they got interrupted by Drew.

"Is there something we don't know about? Orrr.."

Henry quickly agreed and told the two that Liam and Henry were official now. At first, Drew and Jake were completely in shock, but then after a bit they started teasing them. Most of the questions made Henry way too flustered to answer so Liam did most of the talking on that standpoint. After a bit more truths and dares, they found out that Jake was over Daisy, Henry really hates Zander because Zander used to make fun of him back in middle school, Drew never had strong feelings for Zoey, and Liam has liked Henry since they had met. They were planning on playing a bit longer but then they checked the time and saw they've been playing for two hours and they needed some sleep if they wanted to have as much energy to practice tomorrow as they could.