Chapter 7: The Competition

(This is the finale, and also twice as long as most of the other chapters. So sit back, get comfortable,

It was Friday, the day of the competition. Henry has completely recovered of his head injury, as it was only a minor one. As the Jomies practiced one more time, they realized that they got it down pretty good. The rhythm they put out was the perfect melody for their ears, and they were sure that many others would agree.

As they walked out of their practice room, Henry accidentally runs into someone like the klutz he's always been. This someone was a young girl.

"Henry! Are you okay? I heard what happened! Zanders a real jerk, I can't beleive he's been harassing you! If you need anything you can let me know, okay? We're here for you!" She said this as she wrapped her arms around him, trying to comfort him with the best of her ability. It clearly worked because he caved and started to tear up and hug back. The two shared a platonic embrace as the Jomies watched.

"Here's my number if you need someone to talk to," she said this as she took out a peice of paper and started to write. As she handed it to him she whispered, "Don't worry, I'm gay too," and walked off but no one else heard what she said.

"That was so nice of her! I wonder what her name is." Jake said this as the group of four started to walk. "Oh shut up, simp." Liam replied.

"Look who's talking, Liam." Drew said.

Henry decided to join in on this friendly debate and said, "Yeah, Liam, at least I didnt donate to some random twitch streamer when I had the name, MegaChad6000, so that they'd know I existed."

"W-Well- fair enough.." Liam said, defeated. The four all shared a laugh as they walked down the hall to their next class.

After classes ended, the four of them were walking back to Drew's, where they would find a group of matching suits, each having a tint of a certain color for it's under shirt. Jakes having a peach tint, Drew's having a Magenta tint, Liam's having a red tint, and Henry's having a green tint. The suit was black, the top only worn as if it was an unzipped sweatshirt, showing off the undershirt. The pants were made of black denim, matching the top perfectly, with little artificial rips in them to add some detail, keeping them from being boring. They all had plain black dress shoes to go along with their suits. As they continued to talk about who knows what, they walked past Zander and Luke, who had seemed to be fighting. They completely ignored them, however.

After about five minutes of walking, they arrived at Drew's house and got dressed. They quickly rushed into their music room and practiced the song a few times before they had to go to the competition. They were all filled with excitement, even Drew was happy about it. Drew felt like this was his real family, all of the Jomies felt that way. No matter how much they hid their true feeling of care for one another with jokes and laughs, they knew that this was where they belonged. After eating, practicing, and getting approval from Lia and Daisy, they got into Drew's Limo and got driven back to the school, where to competition was taking place.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hailey was sitting there in a black laced dress, Milly in a matching one and Sean in a matching suit. They had no idea what they were going to do. The hope they had all relayed in Milly and she looks so stressed, the other two have never seen her this way before. Instead of the punk badass persona that she's always had, it was just her sweating, she was nervous. She was so stressed out that you didn't know what to think. The other two were of course concerned for her, but now it's not the time to worry. They were about to go on stage, they have no time to waste. They were of course filled with enthusiasm at the beginning of the year when they signed up for this competition. But now, everything's different. Without Zander nor Luke, or even Jake, they didn't know what to do. They just felt like they couldn't accomplish the goal that they had set for themselves. They felt as if that they can't do this. Really didn't know what to do she didn't have enough practice. Sean didn't really have anything change for him, but he still felt bad for the other two. Hailey still hasn't overcome her stage right, and no matter how much she hates Jake right now, she feels like you would have been better if he was still by her side, singing is hard out with the passion that she had known he had.