𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐕𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐁𝐄𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐃➤

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚉𝙴𝚁𝙾 ,,
𝙞𝙬𝙗𝙮𝙜 ( prologue )

MARCH, 1983
·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ˢᵒᵐᵉʷʰᵉʳᵉ ⁱⁿ ᶜᵃˡⁱᶠᵒʳⁿⁱᵃ 

          IT WAS A NORMAL day of spring for elizabeth garcia. she went to school, as usual, had lunch with her best friend in the cafeteria, after school went to max's house and did their homework together... just a normal simple day.

until it wasn't.

maxine mayfield and elizabeth garcia were doing schoolwork together. or, more accurately, lizzie was working and max was attempting to distract her so that they could play outside together.

"come on, lizzie!" elizabeth giggled under her breath as little max wailed, lizzie's gaze still set on her textbook. "we've been working on this stupid homework for hours! let's go outside and do something fun!"

lizzie finally looked up from her textbook and gave her closest friend a playful look. "i believe you mean that i've been working on this assignment for hours while you sat there watching me like some kind of stalker."

"elizabeth eleanor garcia, how dare you?" max inquired dramatically, placing her right palm on her chest, close to the heart. "as if i were a stalker. but seriously, get outside! we won't have to worry about any more homework because spring break just started! i could even teach you some skateboarding moves."

lizzie shook her head, suggesting that she needed to finish her assignment, thus causing max to roll her eyes and fall dramatically on the bed. "you're no fun."

"kindly pardon me?" lizzie gasped, turning to stare at her best friend, a shocked look on her face. "i am very fun! i can clean this entire room in under thirty minutes. keep in mind that your bedroom is now super extra mega messy." 

max gave her an amused stare as she beamed joyfully. "and that sounds like fun to you?" she smirked, "you cleaning my room in under thirty minutes?"

"uh, yeah?"

"how about you leave that damn —" max begins.

lizzie interrupted her with, "language!"

max cleared her throat, trying not to giggle at her. "...homework and then we go outside to play for a while? like a break. then we can come back and you can work on that homework all you want."

"don't forget, maxine, you need to finish your homework as well." lizzie gave her a sidelong glance. "you know you're really behind on your studies, and i can't keep covering for you all the time."

max, knowing lizzie was right, sighed and looked back at her. "fine. after we play outside and i teach you a few tricks we can come back and we can work on our homework all you want. that okay?"

"yes," lizzie smiled, now happily, "promise?"

"i promise, sunflower." max smiled at lizzie, as the brunette frowned confusedly.

"sunflower?"

"well, yeah..." max let out a breathy laugh, her cheeks reddening just the slightest. she blamed it on embarrassment. "since you're so happy all the time and all smiley? you love it whenever our parents take us to the sunflower field? and your favorite color is yellow? i just thought i'd come up with a nickname..."