𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐏𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐒 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐀𝐃𝐎𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍➤

˗ˏˋ꒰ 🍒 ꒱⇢ ˗ˏˋ 𝙲𝙷𝙰𝙿𝚃𝙴𝚁 𝚃𝚆𝙾 ,,
𝙞𝙬𝙗𝙮𝙜 ( the weirdo on maple street )

NOVEMBER, 1983
·˚ ༘₊· ͟͟͞͞꒰➳ᵗʰᵉ ᵗᵒʷⁿ ᵒᶠ ʰᵃʷᵏⁱⁿˢ, ⁱⁿᵈⁱᵃⁿᵃ 

          "IS THERE A number we can call?" mike inquired of the unusual girl who was still trembling after the storm that was still going outside.

"for your legal guardians?" lizzie cuts in, not wanting to assume the girl's family situation.

"where's your hair?" dustin asked with wide eyes. "do you have cancer?"

lizzie scowled at him, "dustin!"

"did you run away?"

"are you in some kind of trouble?"

"is that blood?" lucas approaches her, but lizzie pushes his hand away, obviously tired of them.

lizzie whispered-shouted, glaring at them, "you guys are freaking her out!"

"she's freaking me out!" lucas shot back as lizzie rolls her eyes.

"i bet she's deaf," dustin stated and clapped his hands in the girl's face, prompting her to flinch. "not deaf."

lizzie rolls her eyes again, mumbling, "idiots," before approaching the enigmatic female. the strange girl flinches away once more, causing the blue-eyed brunette to back up slightly.

"i'm not going to hurt you, honey," she said softly, carefully raising her hand. the girl looks at her with huge innocent, fearful eyes. "you can trust me," she says as the girl examines lizzie's hand. she slowly reaches up, grabbing lizzie's hand in her own, causing the brunette to grin softly at her. "see?"

"how does she do it?!" dustin whisper-shouted at the boys, gawking at the two girls. 

"it's liza," mike shrugged, watching the two as lizzie continued murmuring reassuring words to the girl in an attempt to calm her down.

a thunderclap was heard outside, causing the mysterious girl to flinch again but grip lizzie's hand even tighter. "you have nothing to be afraid of, it's just the rain," the brunette said quietly, seeming to calm the girl down again. lizzie gave her a kind grin before turning to face the boys. "you," she said, pointing to mike with her free hand, her tone suddenly stern. "get her some dried clothing," she replied, as mike nodded and took off to look for spare clothes.

she then turned to face dustin. "you," she pointed at him, causing the boy's eyes to widen and his head to nod rapidly. "please stop scaring the poor girl and shut up."

"okay," dustin mumbled.

"and you," she pointed at lucas next. "try and calm down. we don't need anyone freaking out right now. she's scared enough."

"yes ma'am," he murmured as he and dustin both continued to stare at the stranger in wonder.

"here, these are clean." mike reappears. "okay?" the girl grabbed the garments from mike carefully, eventually letting go of lizzie's hand. she slowly rises and reaches for the oversized shirt to pull it up, causing the kids' eyes all to widen in shock.