Past

Sighing loudly I toss and turn in my bed . "This bites , waking up so early has my biological clock fucked!" I groan.

Sitting up in my bed I do a few stretches and get dressed . Once finished I head out to the patio and watch the night sky . " Been a while since I just looked up to enjoy the stars, I almost forgot how beautiful they can be . " I said to myself with a relaxing sigh.

" You sound old as hell ." A female voice said from the doorway Startling me .

Quickly turning around I trip over my feet and faceplant into the concrete patio . "......OW. " I said more embarrassed then hurt .

A small chuckle was let out by the girl as I looked up to see Laura with a smug smirk . " Walk much ?"

Groaning I flip to my back and resume looking up . " Uh no ...no I don't ." I said making fun of myself .

She moved quietly and sat in a lounge chair . " So I heard about your first mission , Kate seems to have had fun . " She said trying to make small talk .

" Yeah and to be honest so did I , I've never worked on a team before and to be honest ....I like having someone watching my back for once ." I comment .

She silently nods . " Yeah I get what you mean . " She said flatly .

" So why are you up so early ? " I asked curiously .

A small shiver shot up Laura's back . " Just couldn't sleep ."

" Me too, I uh ...I've never had a set time to got to bed so this early mission stuff is kinda messing up my internal clock . Though to be fair ....nevermind  . " I said as I got up

Laura eyed me curiously .

" You ok F/n ?" She asked .

Nodding I sigh as I turn to walk inside the mansion . " Yeah just me being stupid ." I said as I enter .

Heading to the front door of the mansion I grab my jacket and head out for a walk .

Staying quiet I just walk , heading no where just where my feet take me . After a bit I finally take notice where I ended up .

Looking a crossed the street I see my parents house .

"Lights are on , maybe they-" I was cut off by a door opening revealing my father with ..a kid .

Moving behind a tree to avoid getting seen I watch their interaction . As they moved to the car parked on the street I hear a small part of their conversation .

"Will you be there to pick me up today dad?" The boy asked .

"No , I work all day but your mom will be there . " Dad replied .

"B..but dad you promised." the boy said sadly .

" B/n You know how busy I am , just be quiet and do as I say ." Dad said angerly .

The boy reared back and stayed quiet as they both entered the car and taking off down the street .

"The more things change , the more they stay the same ." I mumbled out .

"Hello F/n , why are we hiding ?" a voice said behind me .

Swiftly turning around I see Viv looking at me with her head tilted .

" Shit , I need to put a bell on you guys . " I groan out .

" Oh did I startle you , I am sorry . I will make a note to not do that ." Viv said as her eyes glowed slightly and then returned to her normal yellow eyes .