Chapter 1

Phantoms are what some describe the Chiss.

Everyone has some sort of idea of them but what they truly are remains a mystery. Some believe that they stay in the Unknown Region of the galaxy to protect those who would cause more anguish than any of the number of Empires that rise and fall at a constant rate. Others believe that in any given moment they will emerge from the Chaos Region and take over the entire galaxy.

For once they were considered a powerful force both politically and militarily as they joined the ancient wars that were between the Galactic Republic and Sith Empire. Working with both entities till they had enough of this endless feud between these powers and went back to the Chaos Region.

Yet.

A large amount of the population believe that they have died out or been destroyed by the number of black holes in the region. The Chaos Region or the Unknown region is filled with great dangers of black holes, gravity wells, supernovas, and strange occurrences happening that no one from outside the region knows about. Some say that they're even grander than supernovas. Most that go in without force sensitive abilities or experience flying around are never heard from again. No debris or final messages are even located, this tends to keep everyone out of the region. People have concluded that trying to skirmish the Chaos region is not worth it, no matter how curious they are of the Chiss people.

Well.

Mostly everyone.

"Preparing to jump out of hyperspace." Tech informed the crew of the ship as they began taking their seats.

"How long as it been since you guys were out here?" Echo asked as Hunter prepared himself to become the co-pilot of the ship. With his minor experience with flying around in the Unknown Region, he knew exactly what was out here. Not that he doubted Echo's flying skills by any means. He just has an extra notch in his belt.

"Considering that we were established in 21 BBY and it is currently 19 BBY. We made it out here in the beginning of 20 BBY. It wasn't one of our first missions, but we were still new to the war when we entered the region. Now that we know there's gravity wells, supernovas, and black holes. We can maneuver through the region better considering that were somewhat going in blind." Tech answered as Echo sat behind Hunter in case, they had to convert all power to the main engine.

"Going in blind?" Echo raised his voice for Hunter to turn in his chair.

"Hunter can't exactly sense black holes and they are extremely hard to find. We've got a few sensors on board that'll let us know if were getting close to one by detecting the different levels of gravity. Black holes have such strong gravity that light can't escape them, so to detect one we must rely on our surroundings to find them. Stellar black holes are formed when the center of a very massive star collapses upon itself. When the collapse happens it causes a supernova that blasts part of the star into space. Supermassive black holes are formed at the same time as the galaxy they live in." Echo looked absolutely terrified of what he was about to see when they get out of hyperspace. Wrecker and Omega walked into the cockpit for them to watch the lightshow from the hyper jump and listen in on the conversation.

"I'd rather deal with the bounty hunter at this point." Echo groaned as he began rubbing his temple.