The First Invasion

Was the Republic not capable of keeping Geonosis from becoming an important Separatist manufacturing planet? How they were able to allow The Geonosian Archduke, Poggle the Lesser establish more droid factories is beyond my understanding. When it comes to your enemies you must stop them before they spread their roots too deep into the planet.

Before entering the debriefing room, I looked down to make sure that I looked decently professional for my first briefing. The goal of me being apart in this war is to begin decreasing the amount of clone troopers and Jedi casualties. As the deal was between The Cretaciian Senator and Chancellor Palpatine. I know how I'm supposed to complete this task, yet it still feels impractical. Aren't Jedi supposed to be one of the most powerful beings in the galaxy? I guess I'll be getting my answer today.

The door opened as I noticed four people were surrounding the communication pad. They didn't seem to notice that I'd come into the room. Make a strong first impression as I'm here to help with the war effort. I've been given my rank even before my first day on the battlefield. Only because of my work back home in my planet's army. But it feels almost unsuitable. How am I supposed to be a Brigadier General in an army that I've never been a part of?

It's not that I don't have confidence in my abilities because I know that my war record is very grand, and my casualty rates are very low across the board. Yet I don't think it's worthy of being labeled as a Brigadier General on day one. I was a Marshal Commander home which was perfect for me and my time in the wars. Major responsibilities of course but nothing along the lines of Brigadier General.

"Gentlemen." Announcing myself to them as they all turned their heads to me. "Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch reporting for duty." I raised my right hand to salute them.

"Ah yes glad you made it before the invasion. Welcome aboard Brigadier General Vaitiaré Brumarch. I'm General Obi-Wan Kenobi." A man with a very well-groomed beard approached me as I held out my hand for him to shake.

"The council informed us on your arrival. I'm General Ki-Adi-Mundi." He slightly bowed his head as I followed the motion as a sign of respect.

"Well, I must say standing in your presence is exceptional. I'm General Anakin Skywalker and this is my Padawan Commander Ahsoka Tano." I gave The General a small nod to then look at the Padawan who had her eyebrow raised at me.

"Generals. Connection is established." A soldier announced as we all circled around the panel.

"Very good. Patch in the Outer Rim Command." General Obi Wan told him as General Windu and Yoda appeared before us along with the Chancellor. Finally, another Jedi that I had met with yet also appeared but instead of being displayed on top of the pod like the other three, she was displayed standing next to General Ki-Adi-Mundi. In the middle of the panel stood the planet of Geonosis along with pins of where each republic ship was currently on standby till the invasion began.

"Our ships are in position, and we're ready to begin our campaign against the Geonosians." General Kenobi began.

"And what about Poggle? Any report on his location?" General Windu asked General Kenobi to begin switching the map around.

"It seems he's holed up at the primary droid foundry here." I took a step closer to the map and closely watched the moving pawns of war begin. "The factory is protected by a shield generator. Anakin, Ki-Adi, and I shall attempt a three-pronged attack through their defense lines to a staging area just short of the shield. Once we have landed, we shall knock out the shield generator. That is our primary target."

A three-pronged attack?

"Isn't it risky committing three generals to one area of the attack? If something went wrong, we could be dealt a serious blow." I'd have to agree with the Chancellor on his concern. Though we are hitting the shield generator in three separate directions. Our spacing should be further apart from one another to avoid a wave of enemies on their home turf smashing against us.