Shield Generator Down

General Mundi met us at the wide opening of the plateaus for the landing site to now be fully exposed to us. The closer we got to the landing point, the destruction of the somewhat failure of the landing site. It was still a circle, but currently being swarmed by both Geonosians and battle droids. In any normal situation in a battle, I would be running headfirst and creating a pathway for my legion to get through. Since I have two master Jedi I might as well take this opportunity to work with them as we advanced towards the landing site.

The air support came soaring down and circled around the landing site, dropping their charges to clear the entire perimeter for us. You could feel the shaking of the ground while dust almost blocked our entire view of the landing site. Thankfully we could hear the soldiers cheering the closer we got to the landing site.

If I were to rate this invasion and my first battle with the Grand Army of the Republic so far, our crash landing was about a four out of ten, it would've been a little higher if we would've crashed on a plateau rather than in the middle of a battle zone. Traveling to the landing zone was a seven out of ten since my back is now scratched up to pieces due to the missiles blasting me from what seemed like across the planet. The pain still hasn't settled in yet as I imagine once we are done taking out the shield generator and have a moment to take in a breath, it'll hit and it's going to hurt.

I ducked underneath the tank for us to see General Kenobi was resting against some supply crates looking as if he was thrown into a cyclone and thrown into a cliff. I watched as Commander Tano crouched down next to General Kenobi for General Skywalker and I to stand next to each other in front of him.

"Well, what happened to you?" General Skywalker asked him while a tiny smirk displayed on his face.

"I might ask you the same question." General Kenobi responded for General Mundi to join us in the small circle.

"Eh. It's a planetary invasion, if things would've gone right then there might have been a true problem General Kenobi." I responded by grabbing my water canteen for a quick sip.

"Fair point. What happened to you?" General Kenobi asked as I shrugged.

"Got hit by two missiles. I'll have it checked once we're done."

"Glad to know that you're still in one piece, Brigadier. Cody, I want you to make sure the men are resupplied and getting themselves ready to march on the shield generator. The rest of you, catch your breath before we discuss the next step of the invasion." General Kenobi ordered for me to go find Kix. Now that I'm not under an extreme amount of heavy fire, he can now look at the damage.

"Brigadier General sir." The formality. Captain Rex was walking up behind me for me to turn.

"Yes Captain. Is there a problem?"

"No sir. Just wanted to say thank you."

"For what pray tell?"

"Well for... um...well...catching me after the jedi tossed me off the fortress." This is a little odd. Why is he thanking me? This is my job. I wouldn't thank him for destroying the battle droids. Whenever someone has thanked me for saving them, or at least seemed very genuine about me saving them.