Chapter 2: Twisted Fairytale

-A U R O R A-

Vincenzo had gone to bed as sullen as I had met him. When I had done absolutely everything in my power to make myself more and more appealing to him. I wasn't sure if it was me or women in general, but if Vincenzo were gay that would cause more problems than not.

Example being proving it.

I refuse to stay with a man who doesn't even find my species attractive; however with lack of sufficient evidence it might turn out to be my only hope.

I rolled onto my stomach as I lay on my bed and picked my phone up off the pillows. They wouldn't be specific enough but perhaps I could get a scope on what he was like. If he ever went out to dine with women, if so what kind. Was he always seen out with men, or strictly alone.

The moment I hit find after typing Vincenzo Salvatore into my search bar my entire screen was flooded with tabloids and articles titled Vincenzo Salvatore: the playboy of New York City. And in every single one of them he was with a woman, leaving bars, hotels and restaurants with them–never the same girl, always the same type.

He liked them sexy and provocative, dressed extremely scantily clad too might I add. And to put it into one word: slutty.

They were the women I–and all the other girls that were in my circles–weren't allowed to go near. Despite my sheltered nature I wasn't completely clueless, these were the women that men would show off to their friends and spend the night with while their wives were at home pregnant and barefoot.

I didn't want that for myself, Mamma and daddy certainly didn't have that type of relationship but I suppose she was lucky. And by lucky I mean she was beautiful enough to keep Papa's attention to make him fall in love with her.

Uncle Gabriele lived like that though. I vividly remember about six years ago when Aunt Luisa had been pregnant with Ginevra, going over to spend the day with my cousins and Mamma and I found her crying because Gabriele brought another woman into there house

I suppose I only remembered it was because after that day Mamma made it clear that whatever my Aunt and Uncle had, wasn't a marriage I should ever succumb to.

I shut my eyes and took a deep breath, look for the silver lining.

If I did that; dressed like the women Vincenzo paid attention to then maybe he would stay faithful to me. Or at least show a morsel of interest for the rest of his stay here. My mind wandered what in my closet screamed sexbomb, but without notice my bedroom door swung open without it being knocked.

I quickly shut my phone off but it hadn't been on silent mode and made a loud noise that echoed in the silence. "What were you looking at?" Mamma asks, now standing in the middle of my room.

"Nothing," I said quickly, sliding the phone under my belly, "was there something you wanted to tell me?"

"There was," she said slowly, "but now I'm suspicious and want to know what you were looking at."

"Nothing! Honestl-"

"Don't lie to me Aurora Seraphina Cremonesi," she warned, coming over to sit on the bed, her face a mask of pure hurt. "Since when did we keep secrets from each other?"

I frowned and buried my head deeper into the sheets, "You always do," I muttered miserably, not caring if I looked like a melted ice cream in such a state.