Leaving All Might Shadow! (Chapter 3)

Disclaimer: I do not own MHA/BNHA or Spy x Family in the matter.

Speech Rules:

"Talking": Human speech

"Taking": OFA User Speech

"Talking": Human Thought

[Talking]: Name of Attack

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Chapter 3: Leaving All Might Shadow!

Izuku is someone who feared little things, especially that he now went through a war that for the first time brought Japan to its knees and almost had the hero society crumble especially with how fragile the society is. So in a way, Izuku had grown to overcome some of his previous fears such as his fear of Bakugo since during the whole war, Katsuki had apologized for his past actions and had started to acknowledge him by calling him by his given name instead of using the old nickname that he created to put him down.

So in a way, he was able to rekindle the friendship that he once used to have and even stronger than before now that Katsuki had become honest with how he felt especially when he came out and explained why he had bullied and discriminated against Izuku for so long and that is because Katsuki was jealous of Izuku. He might have had a powerful quirk and Izuku was always following behind him, Katsuki had felt that Izuku was miles ahead of him and he felt inferior which brought him discomfort.

It might have been silly when you look at it from a third person perspective but for Katsuki who was used to being treated as the top dog at Kindergarten up until middle school, the feeling of being inferior to someone else especially a quirkless person was repulsive to him. Katsuki knew deep down that Izuku possessed something he lacked. Izuku reminded Katsuki of All Might, the kindness to help others even when they never asked for one, the way he's able to attract others to him because of his personality while he had extras following him because of his quirk and not because of his overall character.

Izuku had finally understood how Katsuki had felt all those years. Quirks give you power to protect yourself and others around you, it allows you to achieve your dreams easily and for Katsuki his goals of becoming the Number 1 hero was realistic and achievable compared to his former self when he was still the quirkless nerd that everyone knew.

Despite that, his powerful quirk had him surrounded with people who were friends with him because of his overwhelming power and not for who he is as a person. People he had come to regard as 'extras' simply because they are leeches who try to hang around him to be seen as the cool kids and increase their own reputation for their own personal gain. Katsuki hated that especially how among the people that attempted to save him during the sludge incident was the quirkless nerd who had no chance in hell to defeat a villain with a quirk and it's one of the many reasons he hated Izuku at the time because he felt even more inferior as if Izuku had defeated him once more.

It's akin to a rich man envying a lowly peasant. The rich might have all the luxury in the world but said rich man was strapped into a wheelchair because of a terrible disease that even the greatest doctors couldn't heal. There are things that money, quirks can't ever buy and that is real friendship which is what Bakugo never had up until he joined UA and met Kirishima and the other self proclaimed Bakusquad who truly liked him as a person.

So in a way, Izuku had found himself unconsciously, agreeing with Shigaraki's last words. He could remember quite well the words that were uttered by the man who was formerly known as Tenko Shimura.

"I bet after this war you will be hailed as a hero by the same people who had thrown rocks at you and anything they could get their hands on. They're idiots who will eventually forget the discrimination that they have thrown at you and the time when they rejected you entry in your school grounds and only relented because of your friends." said Shigaraki as he coughed violently.