Fifteen

At the party, Evie sat alone. She had a plate of apple pie and cookies in front of her that she couldn't bring herself to eat. She was lost deep in her thoughts that were filled with regret but also relief. All she truly knew was she needed to get out of here. She finally realized how stupid it was of her to run, but if she hadn't done it they wouldn't have found her daughter. And that was all she truly wanted.

What stopped her from being able to run now? It might be her only chance at escape. Heck it was the only chance she had without ending up with a sword through her body. By tomorrow morning her mom's new guards would be swarming their place.

If she didn't go now, she didn't know when else she would. What if her friends weren't coming back, they tried once, she refused. Sure she would lose a chunk of her stuff left at her mom's but she could always buy new stuff or remake the stuff she lost. Evie was smart like this, every design she made was perfectly sketched with a list of the exact fabrics she used.

She pursed her apple red lips together trying to think fast. If she was gonna go she needed to go soon. But she also knew she likely wouldn't be able to get out of the Isle tonight. She was too far into the city to make it out on foot before the sun rose and the party ended making everyone walk back home. Who knew what kind of ruckus it would bring if they saw her trying to leave for Auradon.

"Why the hell are you back here?" A familiar blonde laughed, pulling the seat out next to her, s flipping it around so he could down backwards next to her, "And i'm guessing that you are ready to leave already? Once you get used to Auradon, you kind of realize how shitty it is here."

"Hm? Yea." Evie snapped out of her head, after she saw a blurry hand reaching to her plate. "What the-"

She sighed in relief noticing that it was just Gil. He was the only one from that crew who didn't completely abandon her once she lost Edaline. Gil never liked her too much, but he knew her well enough to know it wasn't her fault. "Then let's go. Right now."

"Why are you helping me?"

"Because you don't belong here."

"What else is there?"

"I need you to take me and my daughter with me."

"What?! Y-your daughter."

He nodded. "Long story I don't really want to share at parties."

"Hold up, still not past the fact you have a daughter."

"I'll explain everything, I realize we were never on the best foot Evie, but I really need your help and you need mine."

"Let's go. Better now than never. Once my Mom realizes i'm gone it'll be hell."

What was with everyone having kids now, but she kept losing hers?

"You guys ready?" Mori asked, their vehicle now almost ready to go. While the royal family was at the picnic, Mori had snuck in and stole the keys to Ben's limo.

"Hold on, we'll need to grab blankets, to hide Edaline."

"Maybe one of us should stay back to watch her."