Prologue

!!WARNING!!

-Mentions of guns, blood, death, physical gore, vulgar language, bad writing, side character death, main character death, the author making jokes in a bad situation just bc he can, sensory based experiences (later in the book) and future trauma responses.

:]

3rd P.O.V

A sharp pain shot through the woman's half naked body as her pupils shrunk and her legs stopped moving.

"A..Aubrey...?"

She said quietly while trembling and staring at her younger sister, who was holding a pistol in her gloved hands. The small female slowly
realized what she did as the gun fell out of her grip and onto the snowy cold alleyway floor.

It was an accident.

"I didn't mean to- Maddy!?"

Aubrey interrupted herself when her older sister collapsed to the ground while bleeding from the chest.

It was an accident.

"M-Maddy!"

She screeched, tears swelling up in her mitch-match eyes.

"Maddy I'm sorry! It was an accident, I didn't mean to!"

The little girl cried while running up to her bloodied and half naked older sister, the gun that was in her hand being long forgotten on the red stained snow. Aubrey hugged her sister while sobbing into her chest, pleading for her to forgive her and practically preaching about how sorry she was. Police sirens went off in the background.

It was an accident, she didn't mean to shoot her.

Maddy hugged her sister with one arm as she attempted to comfort her.

"I-it's okay! Don't-"

She tried to speak again but it only hurt as her breathing started getting shallower, making Aubrey wail louder into her bloody body, still
trying to express how sorry she was for shooting her along with the older man who tried to take off his and her clothes. Her eyelids felt heavy and she closed them for a bit before snapping them open again due to her sister's begging.

"I'm so sorry! It was an accident, I didn't mean too! I swear! Wake up! Maddy, p-please! Don't close your eyes!"

Aubrey yelled and looked around while ignoring the dead old man on the ground, trying to find anything that could help her big sister. She understood the concept of death as much as anyone else but to see it happen before her eye was just.....horrifying. Maddy attempted to speak only to let out dry heaving sounds instead of the comforting message she wanted to deliver.

"MADDY, DON'T LEAVE ME!"

Aubrey pleaded pathetically as the sounds of police sirens got a bit louder. Being alone in this city was not an option for an 8 year old, even if she was somewhat independent. She smiled at her sister one last time before excepting the dark abyss called death, Aubrey's screams and sirens fading out of her ears once she did.

The cold winter around them as well as Maddy's already dying body just made it nearly impossible for them to do anything as the officers pulled Aubrey away from the woman and ignored her wails of protest. But no one truly cared, it was just another one dead woman on the street and it wasn't too uncommon to see. A male officer stared at the limp woman and noticed her hand twitching ever so slightly as she let out almost silent wheezes in an attempt to speak.

He was almost tempted to put her out of her misery but opted to sit down with her woman and hold her freezing hand, rubbing her knuckles with his thumb in a comforting way as she teared up. Aubrey was dragged off the the police car and locked in the backseat so she could calm down.