Toxic Love Part 1

"Stop pulling it higher, the v-neckline is supposed to show your asset!" Lisa hit Chaeyoung's hand lightly and pushed it away, before adjusting the tight-fitting red dress on Chaeyoung, pulling it down to show her cleavage again.

Chaeyoung showed an expression of unease which Lisa absolutely could not understand. Why would Chaeyoung act like this when she looked absolutely gorgeous in this short dress that showcases her curves and long legs perfectly?

Just then, footsteps could be heard from the hallway outside the master bedroom, getting louder with each step, before the sounds of the footsteps stopped when a figure emerged from the door.

"Ah Jaehyun is back! Look at your girlfriend, isn't she gorgeous?" Lisa's face brightened up, thinking Jaehyun could help to convince Chaeyoung to wear this dress to Yuta's and Jisoo's wedding tonight. She walked swiftly to the door and pulled Jaehyun to Chaeyoung.

Lisa was so excited that she failed to realize that Chaeyoung's unease has deepened. Chaeyoung peered downwards as she fiddled with her hands not looking at Jaehyun who is currently looking down at her. She then took a deep breath and said softly, "I can change out of this if you don't like it."

After a few seconds of silence, Jaehyun finally spoke in a low voice, "Change into something that suits you better." Jaehyun then left the master bedroom without waiting for any response.

Lisa's eyes and mouth widened as she heard that. There was something strange in Jaehyun's tone that Lisa can't quite put in words. On the other hand, Chaeyoung simply put on a straight face while rummaging through her wardrobe to pick out a long black dress. It's still classy and presentable, but unlike the previous dress, it's not revealing.

Chaeyoung then turned to Lisa and gave a slight smile, "Lisa, I prefer this."

Lisa groaned in frustration, "why did Jaehyun think that dress doesn't suit you?"

Looking at how frustrated her friend was, Chaeyoung smiled gently and said, "it's okay, weren't you the one who said that it's the ladies who make the dresses look beautiful and not the other way round?"

At the wedding dinner

Ten and Lisa stepped into the ballroom hand in hand, followed by Jaehyun and Chaeyoung. Jaehyun's and Chaeyoung's arrival drew quite a bit of attention. Not just because they were the golden couple of their dance club back in university days, but also because it's been a really long time since the rest had seen the two of them since graduation.

They walked to the table where another couple, Jennie and Johnny have been seated. At the table, Taeyong had also arrived. Lisa quickly took her seat beside Jennie, followed by Ten. Now, there are two empty seats, between Taeyong and Ten.

Chaeyoung glanced carefully at Jaehyun, who was staring intently at her. She got his hint. She moved to the seat beside Ten, which was further from her. Jaehyun then smiled and took the last seat between Taeyong and Chaeyoung.

Nothing seems amiss.

"It's been a while since we met you, Chaeyoung. The previous time all of us met, Jaehyun said you can't make it due to a bad gastric, are you feeling better now?" Johnny asked.

Oh, gastric - so that's what he said. Chaeyoung thought to herself.

"Yes, I am a lot better now." Chaeyoung replied in a beat, the one second of pause went unnoticed by almost everyone else. And of course, almost no one noticed that below the table, Chaeyoung was again, fiddling with her hands.

Jaehyun then placed his arm over Chaeyoung's shoulder, gave it a squeeze and smiled adoringly at her, before telling the rest, "That's why I planned to leave earlier later, I want Chaeyoung to go home and have an early rest."