ONE

✦︎ ✧︎ ✦︎

CHAPTER 1(The Vanishing of Will Byers)

CHAPTER 1
(The Vanishing of Will Byers)

✦︎ ✧ ✦︎

If Freddie had to pick one thing she couldn't live without it would most likely be her chapstick, specifically bonny belle lip smacker in the flavor cherry. Although her brother was a close second, the girl was never spotted without one. Wether it was in her hand, pocket, purse, or when desperate bra, you could smell the artificial scent of cherry a mile away when it came to the Henderson girl. So it was no surprise when Nancy Wheeler witnessed her friend whip out an overly used chapstick; label worn off and all from her backpack to lather it on.

"You think the boys have any good food down there that I could steal?"

Nancy rolled her doe eyes as she readjusted the phone to her cheek. The two girls were cooped up in Wheeler girls bedroom while both their little brothers and their friends held a daily campaign they liked to call dungeons and dragons in the basement."I doubt it consist of anything besides cold pizza that has been coated in their spit due to all the screaming."

Freddie shrugged, putting her chapstick back in her bag, "I mean pizza is pizza at the end of the day."

Nancy shivered in disgust, "I don't know how your body digest the type of food you eat on a daily basis. It's a miracle you don't get sick."

The short brunette scoffed as she layed down on her bestfriends bed, rubbing her stomach,"what you call a miracle, I call pure talent."

A second after as if on command the girls stomach grumbled. Freddie frowned continuously rubbing her stomach, "shhh it's ok big guy we'll get you some food soon." Nancy stifled a laugh however, abruptly stopped when she heard her name be shouted over the phone.

"Sorry Barb, Freddie was nursing her mutant stomach."

Once again the girls stomach made a concerning sound, "dude you just upset my him even more. You better say you're sorry."

Nancy shook her head as she listened to Barb with Freddie's antics in the background. It had always been like that between the three girls. Nancy and Barb had been best friends since they could remember. The two had too much in common not to be. Both were extremely introverted, ridiculously smart, and focused. The chemistry was unmatched. However as soon as Freddie was brought into the mix the duo soon became a trio. It was like a breath of fresh air with the Henderson girls comic relief.

Though at first the two were unsure of another member joining, it was soon confirmed when the girl stood up against a boy that had been bullying Barb. Lets just say the bullying quickly stopped after the brown haired girl pummeled him with her lunch. It was the last straw when he had tripped Barb, causing her to drop her food. Everyone thought it had been the funniest thing ever. Well Freddie decided it would be even funnier to beat someone up with a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. The unapologetic girl took apart her sandwich and slapped it across his face. Twice. Kids even compared it to "the shot heard round the world" it was that loud when the slice of bread hit his face. Things were never the same as he later earned the nickname butter face. After that incident Barb and Nancy had welcomed her in with open arms.