FOUR

✦︎ ✧︎ ✦︎

CHAPTER 2(The Weirdor on Maple Street)  ✦︎ ✧︎ ✦︎

CHAPTER 2
(The Weirdor on Maple Street) 
✦︎ ✧︎ ✦︎

Freddie frowned, staring out the car window as she silently put on more chapstick. All while mentally preparing herself for the situation she was dragged into. Not only did she take the risk of sneaking out on a school night, but was going to be spending her free time at Steve Harrington house. At first the girls answer was a hard pass. No way in hell was she going yet Nancy knew exactly the way to get her friend to agree. Food. So in exchange of accompanying both Nancy and Barb at Steve's little party the girl was rewarded with a trip to get milkshakes and fries. Freddie couldn't pass up the offer. She would have sold her left kidney for that deal.

"Barbra, pull over," Nancy uttered without question.

"What?"

"Pull over!"

Freddie leaned her weight against the passenger seat. "Why are we stopping?"

Barb glanced at Freddie and displayed the same confused stare. "What are we doing here? His house is three blocks away."

"We can't park in the drive way," Nancy muttered as if it was common sense.

"Are you serious?"

Freddie scoffed, "yeah you better be joking because I'm not walking three blocks out of the way. This is way above my pay grade."

Nancy pleaded with her eyes, "the neighbors might see."

Barb turned her focus back on the road, "this is so stupid. I'm just gonna drop you off."

Freddie sighed then dropped herself back in the seat, "I very much agree with that statement."

Nancy frowned, "calm down guys. Come on. You promised that you'd both go. You're coming. We're gonna have a great time."

"He just wants to get in your pants," Barb confessed.

Freddie let out a low whistle, "well that's awkward."

"No he doesn't," Nancy chuckled all too brightly.

Barb gave her a stern glance, "Nance...seriously. He invited you to his house. His parents aren't home."

The car became silent at the accusation. "Come on you are not this stupid," Barb said breaking the ice.

"Tommy H. And Carol are gonna be there."

Freddie groaned, "yeah don't remind me."

"Tommy and Carol have been having sex since like 7th grade."

The two turned their heads towards a loud gasp. "7th grade! When I was in 7th grade I was playing dungeon and dragons with my baby brother."

Barb and Nancy cracked a smile. "Wait now that think about it, much hasn't changed. I'm such a loser," Freddie groaned sinking deeper into the seat.