𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

"𝐌𝐚𝐩𝐥𝐞 𝐒𝐲𝐫𝐮𝐩, 𝐜𝐨𝐟𝐟𝐞𝐞
𝐏𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
𝐇𝐚𝐬𝐡𝐛𝐫𝐨𝐰𝐧, 𝐞𝐠𝐠 𝐲𝐨𝐥𝐤"

The morning came quicker than anyone could've expected, the group had left Eddie in order to get him some food to hold him over.

Dustin slammed the door open followed by a "Jesus!" from Eddie. "Delivery service," he smiled, holding up the grocery bag.

Steve gave him a wave and before long, Eddie was shoving Honeycomb cereal into his mouth by the fistful. Dustin started out, "So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news. How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first, always." Eddie took a swig of his beer.

"Alright, bad news. We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they're definitely looking for you. Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you killed Chrissy.

Max rose her eyebrows at Eddie, "Like, 100% kind of convinced."

"And the good news?"

Robin stood in the corner as Eddie's eyes went to her, "Your name hasn't gone public yet. But if we found out about you, it's a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie looked to Robin.

"Exactly."

Dustin began again, "So, before that happens we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence."

"Oh, piece of cake!" Melian sarcastically threw her arms into the air.

"That's all, Dustin? That's all?" Eddie tilted his head.

"Yeah, no, that's pretty much it."

"Listen, Eddie," Robin then placed a hand on Mel's arm, "my darling best friend, Melian. I know everything Dustin is saying sounds totally delusional, but we've actually been through this kinda thing before. I mean they have a- a few times and.. and I have once." Robin tried to rationalize the situation as she continued, "Mine was more human-flesh based, and theirs was more smoke-related, but bottom line is, collectively, I really feel like we got this."

"Yeah, see, we usually rely on this girl who has superpowers. But, uh, those went bye-bye, so.." Steve added as Dustin nodded.

"So we're technically more in- in the-"

"brainstorming phase." Max finished for Robin.

"Brainstorming." Steve snapped his finger at Max.

Dustin spluttered, "There's.. There's nothing to worry about."

"We're doomed." Mel said breathlessly.

Eddie stared blankly at everyone before sirens began to wail. Robin looked frantically at him, "Tarp, tarp, tarp!" Eddie threw the tarp over himself as everyone ran to the windows.

"Okay, uh, we gotta go." Dustin looked around, "Mel you stay here with Eddie, keep watch."

Melian stared at them, "Wait, what? Why am I on watch duty?" She flexed an arm, pointing toward it. "You think these muscles can take on the police, o-or any random who's trying to find Eddie?"