𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞

Hours passed as Eddie and Melian sat in almost complete silence. Mel tried to occupy herself by profusely cleaning the kitchen, something she usually would have hated.

Eddie fiddled with the old television that sat on a cracked coffee table. Reporters filled each channel as another death was announced. Eddie looked back at Melian, who was now standing behind the couch where he sat. "They can't think it's me, I've been here this entire time."

"Well, it's only us that know that. Everyone else probably thinks you're still out and about in the wild." She stood with her arms crossed before looking down at Eddie. "I think I'm gonna go check on everyone, for real this time."

Eddie furrowed his brows, "You're leaving me?"

"Only for a bit, I'll be back." Mel walked over to the kitchen, swiping up the walkie-talkie that she left on the counter. She looked back over to Eddie, "Be alert, if anyone other than us comes, you go for the lake, got it?"

"I don't want to swim in that." Eddie stood, "There could be dead bodies in there, or- or fish!"

"Eddie, I honestly think fish should be the least of your worries right now." She chuckled, shocked at his exclamation. "I swear I'll be back, stay safe." Mel glanced back at the man one more time before exiting the house.

Melian walked to her car before sliding into the drivers seat, throwing the walkie into the passenger seat. She honestly had no idea if the group was still at the trailer park since it had been hours, but she figured it wouldn't hurt to check. The scenery rushed past as Mel drove down the road, nearing the trailer park.

Static broke through the walkie-talkie, Mel not being able to make out any of the words being spoken. She pulled over to the side of the road, grabbing the walkie and extending the antenna.

"-Okay, that's totally bonkers, but I can't really talk right now." Dustin's voice finally came through the contraption.

"Wait- What are you doing?" Robin asked.

"Breaking and entering into school to retrieve confidential and extremely personal files."

Mel took the brief silence as an opportunity to press down on her button, "Guys, can you hear me?"

"Mel!" Robin exclaimed.

"Thank God," Mel could hear Dustin's sigh of relief, "Melian get to the school, stat. We've found something and we'll catch you up ASAP."

"I'm on my way." She answered.

"How's Eddie?" Dustin made sure to ask as Steve scoffed in the background.

Melian swallowed, hard, before pressing down on the button again. "He's fine, better than he has been in the past few days. I'll see you guys soon."

Mel rushed to the High School as fast as she could, cursing every red light that she seemed to hit. She ran up to Robin and Nancy as they had just entered the school, all three of them running through the halls. They approached Max who was frantically staring at an empty wall, "It was here." Max shook her flashlight in distress, "Right here. A grandfather clock. It was so real. And then, when I got closer, suddenly I just... I woke up."

"It was like she was in a trance or something." Dustin looked to the rest of the group, "Exactly what Eddie said happened to Chrissy."

Max turned around, "That's not even the bad part."

Soon everyone was looking over the files that Max had found as she spoke, "Fred and Chrissy, they both came to Ms. Kelley for help. Uh, they both were having headaches, bad headaches that just wouldn't go away. And then..." she swallowed as her breath became hitched, "then the nightmares. Trouble sleeping. They'd wake up in a cold sweat. Then they started seeing things.