007 - Shark Attacks

WEDNESDAY, MAY 3RD

After watching that news scene yesterday, everyone decided to just go to bed and sleep it off, believing everything will be back to normal the next day.

They were wrong.

If you were to go outside, screams could be heard of people being attacked by the roaming sharks. They still haven't gone away. This cannot go on forever, something has to be done. Especially about that megalodon.

"Did you hear that?" Luke asked, getting out of his bed and walking to the living room. His other 2 friends did the same.

"Yeah. Sounded like a scream, but I'm not surprised anymore." Nevaeh said.

"Of course we wouldn't be surprised, I mean.. there's literally sharks outside attacking everything they see, soo.." Parker explained. Basically the whole reason that nobody's going to be surprised if somebody else screams, and they hear it.

"Well, what are we going to do? We can't just let people continue to die because of these sharks who are LITERALLY the ones supposed to be the ones dying because they're on land.." Nevaeh asked, fidgeting with her fingers.

"I don't know. All I'm gonna say is that this wasn't the trip I was expecting.." Parker says. "Same," Luke added.

"Yeah, of course we weren't expecting anything like this—no crap." Nevaeh started, crossing her arms. "Think realistically. What are we gonna do? We're just teenagers on a trip by ourselves, seeking fun and excitement. This isn't a movie, or a book, and we aren't main characters, and although it definitely feels like it, we have no power to stop this." She explained, looking at both her friends as she went on.

"I guess you're right, partly; How do you know we don't have the power to stop this? All of this chaos only erupted after you found that 'tooth' and we brought it in, right? What if we go out there?" Luke explained.

"If we go out there, all 3 of us are going to die. Do you want to die?" Nevaeh replied. Luke slightly widened his eyes at her retort. "Of course not!" He replied, rolling his eyes.

"I have an idea. Maybe, just maybe, there might be something on the internet about something like this happening..." Parker said, turning around and looking at his laptop that was behind him on the table.

"Maybe, we could try that."

                             ++++

After a few minutes of investigations, nothing much came up other than sharks in general. Nothing about a bunch of sharks coming up on land and not dying while doing so.

"Find anything?" Parker shouted down the hallway as he came out of the hotel room's bathroom. "No, nothing relevant. Every time we try searching it just comes up with sharks, occasionally a few shark attacks here in Florida at this beach. But nothing about them coming over the shore." Luke explains.

"What did you type in the search bar?" Parker asked, coming over to sit on the sofa beside Luke and Nevaeh. "We searched up "Megalodon coming up on shore Florida New Smyrna Beach". Didn't get any results." Nevaeh said. Parker scratched his chin. "Huh, this must be really rare. I don't think this has happened before, considering the fact there's nothing on the internet about it," Parker said.

With nothing useful coming from using Parker's laptop, the trio decided they would have to opt for another plan.

Luke and Parker deliberated on it while Nevaeh went to look out of the sliding doors, leading out to the balcony. What she saw was pure terror... there were sharks. Everywhere. No matter where she looked—there were, at least, five sharks within view. She could see the various horrendous looking blood splatters littered across the beach and sidewalks, right from the balcony. It looked like a scene straight out of a horror movie. Who knows where these sharks are headed next?

"Guys! Come, look..." Nevaeh beckoned her friends to come over to the balcony with her. Parker and Luke made their way over next to her, then Nevaeh prompted them to look out the window for themselves.

"Holy crap!" Parker exclaimed, eyes widened after he watched a shark decapitate someone's head, leaving them falling lifelessly to the ground in a crimson pool of blood. "This is getting too out of hand. They're going to wipe us out!" He added. "I'm wondering if they can get inside buildings or not," Nevaeh says with uncertainty laced in her voice. She watched people run for their lives on the ground below her. "I certainly hope not."

Nevaeh was about to open her mouth to say something else, until something horrifying happened.

"OH MY GOD!" She screamed, jumping back. A large splatter of blood landed on the glass sliding doors, scaring the ever living crap out of Nevaeh. "Dude what the actual—how did this even happen? We're on the third floor!" Luke yells, jumping back as well.

"Oh my god. Don't tell me these sharks can fly. Either that or, one of them must've caudal fin slapped somebody's body parts into the air and... well, you know the rest. It's too disturbing." Parker explained in a rather sorrow filled tone.

"Are we going to have to stay here in this hotel? Should we leave the room?" Nevaeh asks. Luke shook his head. "Personally, I don't think we should stay in here. We could if you really want to, but I kinda want to see what's happening outside our hotel room." He replies. He looks over to Parker and, to his surprise is nodding his head in agreement. "He's right. Maybe hotel staff will know what we should do, right? We need to seek help. I'm sure everyone else is doing the same thing." Said Parker.

"I guess you boys are right. These hotel staff must have some safety procedure or advice for us, let's go to them. But be very cautious. We never know what these sharks are capable of now."

++++

» TO BE CONTINUED «