Truth or Dare?

Today was the ten-year anniversary of starting my first ever journey in the Kanto region. I was going to be meeting up with some friends I hadn't seen in ages at a park we used to play at, just outside of Pallet Town.

My name is Ash Ketchum, and I'm twenty years old. I'm the champion of Kanto.

I began walking in the direction of the park. Once I arrived closer, I started hearing faint yelling.

"Hey! Ash!"

I looked around and spotted a girl with familiar ginger-hair.

"Misty!" I yelled back.

I picked up the pace until I finally reached her, engulfing her in a hug.

"I've missed you."

My eyes darted around the small area accompanied by all of these wonderful people.

"Hey hot-shot, how's the champion's business going?"

I turned around and sighed with a smile.

"Brock," I laughed.

"Nice to see you again, buddy."

I heard my name being said in all the chatter once or twice.

"What kept ya?" Misty snapped me out of it.

"Oh, uh," I scratched my head. "I overslept?"

I heard a small snicker from below me and behind me. "He's got a knack for being late to this kind of thing."

I didn't have a second thought as to who the mocking-voice was coming from.

I turned around slowly.

"Don't you, Ashy-boy?"

"Hello, Oak," I overdramatized my hello. "It's nice to see you too."

"Still got pet-nicknames for each other, I see."

"Oh, shut up, Brock," Gary shot back.

I laughed softly and turned back to Misty to say something but was interrupted before I could get my words out.

"Let's play truth or dare!"

"Yeah! Let's do it!"

I didn't quite know who was speaking, but that was okay. A little game of truth or dare seemed harmless. We all sat in a circle. I was beside Misty and Brock sat on her other side. Gary sat beside me and I just looked at him blankly. He winked at me and I set my gaze forward again.

It was casual truth or dare until it was Gary's turn.

"Alright Ashy, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Hmm," Gary thought. "Do you still have feelings for Misty?"

My head spun around in circles and I looked at Misty. I gulped.

"Well?"

"What do you mean, still?"

Gary just looked at me doubtfully and I was sweating like a pig on a hot day. Or on any day, really.

"Hng, this isn't fair, I switch to dare!" I shouted.

"You can't do that, Ash," Gary laughed and paused for a moment. "No, you know what, fine!"

I stared at Gary and waited for his dare. it couldn't be worse than this, right?

"Kiss her."

Misty and I turned to each other and I whispered. "I'm sorry."

I kissed her shortly but long enough for it to count. It didn't feel like anything but a kiss. Bite me, Oak.

"I get to go next," Misty declared. "Alright, Gary. You're up."

"I choose truth."

Misty snickered. "Okay, fine. Do you have feelings for Ash?"

Misty smirked, almost like she knew something. My expression was blank. Gary's was nervous.

"What? No way! I'm not gay!"

"Still immature as ever, I see," Misty giggled. "The game's called truth or dare. Something tells me you're not being very truthful."

Gary and Misty bickered back and forth for the time being, but I wasn't paying attention. All I could think about was the thought of Gary and I. Somehow, I liked it.

"I want to go," I raised a finger.

I cleared my throat. "Gary. You used your truth."

"Okay fine, then hit me with a dare," he snapped.

"Kiss me."

All I could hear were ooos coming from the girls and a giggle coming from Misty.

"What? Ash!"

"You're Gary Oak," I smirked. "Mister hot-stuff Gary Oak never  turns down a dare."

Gary took a deep breath. "You're right. It's just a stupid game."

Wait, what? Did Gary Oak really just agree to kiss me in front of all his friends? Hah. Good enough for me.

He grabbed my shoulder and pulled me closer to him quickly, kissing me hard. It was almost like he was hungry, but not the kind of hungry you're thinking.

I pulled his hair and smiled against his lips, earning tiny whimper. Our tongues raced against one another, almost like a competition.  I mean, he's Gary Oak.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Time out!" Misty pulled the two of us apart. "I would have told you to stop sooner but all of us were enjoying it so much!" She giggled. I felt everyone's eyes on us but I just looked at Gary and he looked back at me.

The kiss took my breath away. Literally and figuratively.

I wiped my bottom lip dry and smiled, sighing a bit.

"Um, hellooo? Come on, lovebirds, let's get on with it!"

Gary and I turned back to the rest of the crowd who had their phones out and most likely recording. My heart raced, but I didn't care. I'd just kissed Gary Oak and liked it.

While the rest of the crowd was talking amongst themselves, Gary whispered in my ear. "Why don't you call me once this little thing is over, stinker?" His voice sent shivers down my spine.

"You got it, loser."