babies

2 years later...

Babies. Addison Montgomery wanted babies. She and Meredith Grey had been dating for over 2 years now, so it was natural to start to think about these kinds of things.

Addison had always wanted kids, she almost did with her ex-husband, but boy- she was glad they didn't. Kids would have made the divorce even more messy, she didn't want her kids growing up with separate houses, separate birthdays or separate lives.

She was reluctant to broach the subject: her girlfriend wasn't really the kind of woman who grew up with the strong, maternal desire to procreate. She knew that. She knew Meredith and grown up in a broken home, her dad had left her at the age of 5, and her mum wasn't really around.

She was just going to do it, her tiny girlfriend was snoring softly in her arms as they slept through Sunday morning.

"Mer..." Addison brushed some loose tresses of Meredith's dirty blonde hair out of her face. "Mer wake up" she requested.

Meredith groaned in return, annoyed that her sleep had been broken. "Addison sleep." She mumbled.

"Meredith I love you. I love you more than anything in this world, you know that. I would do anything for you, and I would do anything to be with you. So, I need you to be honest when you answer me, don't promise something you'll regret." Addison spoke.

"Addie you're scaring me, what's wrong?" Meredith rubbed her eyes and pushed herself up from her previous sleeping position.

"I want to have a baby" Addison told her. Meredith stayed quiet. She didn't look upset, maybe a little freaked out, but not upset.

"Say something...Please" Addison begged. Meredith reached to hold her hand, a gesture of reassurance and love.

"I'll have a baby with you" Meredith smiled gently.

Addison was shocked. Did she hear that correctly? Did Meredith Grey, child of darkness just agree to have a baby with her?

"Mer is this something you want? Or are you just saying yes for me?" Addison asked, concerned.

"You know me more than anyone in this world Addison, you know I had never really wanted kids. But that was before. Now, my chest gets all tight and my eyes get watery when I think about our tiny little red-head babies" Meredith admitted, her features soft and radiant.

Addison couldn't speak. She tried, but the words just wouldn't come out. There were many conversations she expected to have after bringing up having kids, but this, was not one of them.

Instead of a verbal reply, Addison smiled and tightly hugged her girlfriends tiny frame.

"Ouch" Meredith whispered softly.

"Crap. Sorry" Addison pulled away.

They smiled at each other, "How do you want to do it? Do you want to look into it now?" Addison asked hopefully.

"Do you want to do IVF? I'm totally open to adoption, but do you want to be pregnant?" Meredith replied.

"I think we should try IVF, do you not want to carry?" Addison frowned slightly.

"Maybe, but we should have more than one right? Kids need a sibling, don't they?" Meredith suggested.

"I think we should have two or three, but I think we should both carry at least one" Addison spoke.

"Sure, would you want to carry first or second? Whose eggs do we use?" Meredith questioned.

"I could carry first? If that's okay with you- I totally don't mind. I think we should use eggs from whoever is not carrying, so it feels more like a couple-ey thing to do." Addison told her.

"That sounds good Addie" Meredith smiled, kissing Addison softly.

5 weeks later

It was finally the day. They had an appointment with the gynaecologist, just to make sure everything was good with Addison before starting the whole process.

Addison's feet were up in the stirrups, her girlfriend up by her side, holding her hand tightly for support.

"Are you nervous?" Addison asked.

"A little, I know it's stupid, It's just all starting to feel more real" Meredith replied.

They continued to chat until the doctor walked through the door, snapping on a pair of gloves and asking the couple all kinds of questions.

Addison squeezed Meredith's hand as she dealt with the discomfort and vulnerability she was feeling.

The doctor hadn't spoken much in a while, she had a neutral, serious face that was slightly off-putting.

After the physical exam, the doctor continued to ask Addison questions about her general health.

Meredith held Addison's hand tightly through the process of getting her blood taken.

"Okay, I'll call you within the next few days with your lab results, there was nothing abnormal with your physical, everything looks okay" the doctor told them politely as the appointment came to an end.

Addison and Meredith walked out the doctors office hand-in-hand, talking about their new 'hot topic', babies. They would discuss names, possible sperm donors and maternity leave for the both of them.

Addison couldn't help but think, life was kind of perfect right now. She had a girlfriend whom she was madly in love with, and who she knew loved her back, for exactly who she was. It was good. Life was good.

Authors note

hey i'm back after over a year oops. i am currently doing GCSE's so i've been really busy for a few months, sorry.

anyway, thanks for reading :)