Chapter Two:Trick or Treat, Freak

"No one likes 3 Musketeers"

______________________________________

October 31st, 1984
7:15 am

The next morning I woke up 15 minutes before school started.

"Shit!"

I got up from the floor, opened the closet, and took a gray T-shirt and a pair of sweatpants. I grabbed my hoodie and my backpack from the chair and run downstairs.

"Happy Halloween son." dad said while reading his newspaper.

"Happy Halloween dad" I said and run outside, grabbed my bike and made my way to the Hawkins grade school.

I got there in like 6 minutes, and guess what? I still got 9 minutes left.

I went towards the bike rack where I saw my friends....why the fuck are they in their Halloween costume? Well I guess is time to bully them a little.

I got up from my bike, locked it onto the rack and then went towards the four ghostbusters who were arguing about something. As I approached them I hear Lucas and Mike.

"What's wrong with Winston?" Mike frowned

"'What's wrong with Winston?' He joined the team super late, he's not funny, and he's not even a scientist!" Lucas argued back

"Yeah, but he's still cool."

"If he's cool, then you be Winston."

"I can't!"

"Why not?" Lucas crossed his arms.

"B-Because" Mike stuttered 

"B-Because" Lucas mocked Mike "Because you're not black?" He scowls.

"I didn't say that!" Mike defend himself

"You thought it."

"Hey hey" I said as I get between them, "First of all, those ghostbusters are not real, so it doesn't matter how many of you are dressed as that Winston dude, okay?" I glance between Lucas and Mike, "And second of all, you are the only nerds dressed up in costumes, so nobody gonna give a fuck who's dressed as who."

"But it's Halloween.." Lucas said confused.

"Yeah Sinclair, but we're not 11 anymore to dress up to school." I grab both Mike and Lucas by their shoulders and turned them around to face the school entrance. "Good luck surviving today" I laughed before I walked away from them and inside the school. As I entered the school a familiar redhead caught my eyes, so I made my way towards her locker.

"Morning Maxine." I said as I propped up against the locker next to hers. She closed her locker door and look at me.

"Don't you call me that, James" She rolled her eyes.