Chapter Six.

With Christmas approaching, preparations in the town started.

It was cold outside. Aunt Nersey was busy in the orders. Morco was really tired with the delivery. I helped him when I was free.
Morco rushed on his cycle. I was riding Morco's old cycle.
While leaving, I spotted a young boy looking at the breads from the window. He was constantly peeping.

I ignored him that time and concentrated on my work.

In my list of deliveries, The next destination was Jane's house.
I went to the beach house where Granny was there watering plants.

I greeted her.

She was tensed as Jane had high fever which got me panic. With granny's permission, I went inside her room for the first time.

She opened her eyes as she felt my presence.
Her room was decorated with all the girlish stuffs. She smiled at me and seemed happy to acknowledge me .

Her eyes were sleepy and she looked pale. I wanted to stay along but I couldn't because I was left with the remaining delivery of breads. Though, I stayed for some time.

She slept when I left.
After completing the work I went to Aunt Nersey to return her the money. The boy was still there outside. He looked weak and his condition was worse than Jane.
I called Aunt Nersey outside.
The boy tried to run but he fainted. I carried him inside to Aunt Nersey's place. When he got up, Aunt Nersey offered him food and water. He hesistantly took it.
He felt better after having it.

I asked him who he was.

"My Name is Lauren. I worked in the mines here but due to heavy storm this time, We didn't earn much. I have a younger sister, She is crippled. I was not left with any money. We are starving from one week. I am in a search for any job. When I was passing by, the aromas of your bread made me week even more. I am sorry, I must leave. Thank you for the food". He finished and got up to leave.
Aunt Nersey felt bad after hearing him. She called Morco and he came out and started discussing something with her.

I told him to wait for some time till then they both nodded at something and walked towards that boy.

"After hearing from you, We have decided to give you a job of a delivery boy. We need hands for delivering. We will pay you and even give you food. are you willing to do it? ".Aunt offered him job.
The boy said yes to the offer.
He left happily. I went to Jane's house. She had a good nap and was looking fresh. I took some soup for her.

"Chris! You are indeed a good friend". She praised me.

She had that soup. I told her about Lauren. I sat with her till it was midnight. After that she slept while I came home.
I felt good.
The day was busy but I think I did a great job.

Please vote and comment.