Chapter 1: Coffee Tomorrow?

Warning: Swearing

Y/n and Tom were made for each other and have been married for nearly 10 years but what happens when they go through putrid rough patch?

Summary: Tom and y/n have the same conversation for the past days and Y/n has had enough. In the events of trying to fix things Tom asks Y/n out for coffee.

It had been three months since last seeing your husband. You understood why he was barely home anymore, but it broke you every single time that you saw he had posted something on his story. Hell, at this point you wouldn't be surprised if he called you telling you that he would book a hotel since he was too tired from a long day on set and didn't want to have to take the 45 minute drive back to your shared apartment. You were sitting on your couch tears rolling down your face for what seemed like the thousandth time that week. The faint ringing of your phone brought you back to reality. "Speak of the devil" you thought as you wiped your tears away cleared your throat and answered the phone. "Hi my sweet y/n/n". You cringed at the mention of the nickname he gave you when you first started dating.

"Hey bubs". You streigned your voice trying to make it seem as normal as possible for Tom not to notice your cracking voice. It was no use. Tom was now used to calling you around 11 at night telling you that he wouldn't make it home since he was highly exhausted from a long day on set. He could tell when something was wrong with you but lately he had been oblivious to the situation. He didn't even try to spare at least 45 minutes of his time just to come home and be with you.

TOM'S POV

I didn't understand why I never wanted to go back home. I always longed for Y/N's touch. To see her sweet smile and beautiful dimples when you laughed. During shooting or after a long day at set she was all that I could think about. That's why it seemed strange to me how I always called Y/N, the love of my life to let her know that I would be booking a hotel that night. I don't know how long it had been since I last saw her. I think about two-three months? I missed her so fucking much, but I just had that gut feeling that going home wasn't the best decision.

AUTHOR'S POV

"I just wanted to let you know that I-"

"-won't be home today and are going to book a hotel" you cut in finishing his sentence exasperated.

"oh um shit yeah .... I'm gonna go now I still have to talk with Jon (FFH Director)

Your heart broke every time Tom spoke, it broke you to know that this was probably the only way you'll hear his voice for days to come

"yeah sure whatever". you answered hurriedly trying to ignore the small pool of tears starting to form.

TOM'S POV

Crap! I knew that Y/N was not the sensitive type but I could hear her voice starting to crack even if it was small, I knew that she was on the verge of crying. Trying to think of something fast I absentmindedly asked "Would you like maybe want to join me for coffee tomorrow?"

Y/N'S POV

I scoffed and then coughed trying to hide the disappointed yet excited squeal that was going to explode out of my mouth anytime soon "Keep It Together Y/N!!!" I repeated to myself

AUTHOR'S POV

"Sure!" you said a little bit too eagerly. You blushed at the realization that you answered too quickly.

"I have a short day on set tomorrow, I'll text you when I am on my way home, bye buttercup love you". - Tom

"Ok sounds good see you tomorrow goodnight love you bubs"- Y/N

Ok! i'm not so sure if that was a good amount of dialogue or interaction in general but I hope it is.

I really hope you enjoyed this chapter. Not Sure how I feel about it. Any feedback is appreciated. Please, Please let me know if I should continue writing this story.

Have a good Day/Night wherever you are <3