f i v e

my eyes slowly creak open, and a big yawn escapes my mouth. i extend my arm and grab my phone from the nightstand.

already two o'clock? must've overslept. i go through my instagram and twitter, then go over my unread messages.

from: mingus 🔥😍
ready for some fun? i'll pick you up at three.

three? i have one hour to get ready! i jump out of bed and head directly to the shower. after shampooing and conditioning my hair, i change some clothes. high waisted shorts with a white crop top and a flannel. then i slip on some combat boots and do my hair and makeup.

surprisingly, i finish getting ready just in time. the moment i walk outside my room, the doorbell rings. "bye mom, i'll be back in a few."

"where ya going?" she asks, appearing from kitchen.

"i told you mom, i'm gonna hang out with mingus." i tell her, and she suddenly remembers.

"oh, oh yea i remember! have fun honey!" she says, waving goodbye, then going back to cooking. i open the door, revealing mingus behind it.

"hello abbie." mingus greets, giving me a small hug. "ready to go?"

"ready." i answer, then follow him inside the car. he opens the door to the passenger seat, then goes behind the wheel.

"are you excited?" he asks, looking over at me with a smile.

"super! i can't wait to see the sequel of one of my favorite movies ever!" i exclaim, causing mingus to chuckle.

after a long and talkative car ride, we finally arrive at the movie theatre. mingus pays for my ticket and snacks, even though i insisted on using my own money. it just feels like if i pay for my own things, then it won't be so much like a date.

we hand our tickets to the worker, and he directs us to the theatre. once the lights dim, the movie begins.

and let me just say, the second movie definitely lives up to the first. i mean, it's hilarious. i laughed way too many times.

once we were towards the end of the movie, i looked over at mingus and noticed how into the movie he was. but me, being the mean person i am, grabbed a handful of popcorn and threw it at him.

mingus laughs faintly. then throws a popcorn kernel across the air, landing right on my hair. i gasp, throwing another one at him. and pretty soon, it turned into this huge popcorn fight.

i grabbed the entire pocorn bucket, and dumped it all on mingus. his jaw dropped, causing me to let out a laugh.

"excuse me, but there's been complaints about you two distracting others. i'm gonna have to ask you to leave." one of the security guards tell us.

mingus and i obediently leave the movies, still laughing. we finally start to calm down after a couple of minutes.

"well that was fun." mingus says, smiling. "the night's still young. wanna go for a bite?" he asks.

"yea sure, let's go." i answer, and we make our way to the nearest restaurant. which just so happened to be mario's pizza.

after arriving at the restaurant, we choose a table and order our food. mingus and i talked about many things. acting, school, and just life in general. after two hours, we were done eating and already heading home.

"thanks mingus, i had fun." i tell him once he drops me off.

"i did too, we should hang out again soon." he suggests, smiling widely.

"definitely! i'll see ya later, bye." i say. then with that, we say our final goodbyes and part our ways.

________________________

i actually like pitch perfect a lot xD