t h i r t y - f i v e

"can i get you anything baby?" chandler asks, slipping his hand into mine. chandler's been very protective over me, ever since the hotel incident. everyone's been protective over me, especially my mom. the second i got home, she started bombing me with questions.

i've been trying not to let it bother me, but it's kinda hard to do that when the incident is all over the news. "no thanks, i'm good." i answer, forcing a smile. chandler nods, then pecks my cheek. "i think i just need some rest." i say.

"of course, let me get you a blanket." he says, leaving the room then coming back a few seconds later. he wraps his arms firmly around my waist, then puts the blanket on top of us. "have a nice nap, i love you." are the last words i hear, before i fall into a deep sleep.

         ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧  ✧

the buzzing of my phone wakes me up. i groggily open my eyes and grab my phone. what the heck is going on?

i turn my phone on to see that all the notifications are coming from twitter. i open the app, and find that all of the tweets lead to the same exact picture.

my heart drops drops, and my eyes basically bulge out of their sockets. i look over at chandler, then angrily unwrap his arms from me. the anger inside me boils, causing my emotions to get the better of me. so before i have a chance to react, i raise my arm and slap chandler across the face.

chandler jerks his body up, opening his eyes widely with confusion. he looks at me confused, while i send him a pissed off expression. "what's wrong baby? did you accidentally hit me?" he asks, only making me even angrier.

"no, and don't call me baby. i slapped you because i wanted to get your attention." i retort, not even looking at him in the eye.

"why? what did i do?" he asks, walking closer to me. but i back away from him as he steps forward. "i'm sorry if i did anything wrong, please forgive me."

"you don't even know what you did!" i yell, showing his hand away from me.

"i know, but i don't like when you're mad at me." he says. i'm surprised that through all of my yelling and slapping he's still calm and trying to apologize. but no apology can make up for what he did.

"well you certainly made me mad, you as*hole." i exclaim.

"what did i do? please tell me." he pleads, looking at me with those puppy dog eyes of his. i want to just wrap my arms around him and forgive him so badly. but i can't, and i won't.

"you wanna know what you did?" i ask, and he nods vigorously. "okay, this is what you did." i say, showing him the picture posted on twitter about a thousand times. his face expression changes almost immediately, and you can see it in his eyes that he's about to panic.

"oh my god, abbie-no. it's not what it looks like." he exclaims, trying to come closer to me. but i once again step back. "baby, please believe me."

"don't call me baby! when were you thinking of telling me that you cheated? huh? you know i'd find out sooner or later. why not just break up with me instead of going behind my back and going with some other girl?" i exclaim angrily.

"abbie, i didn't cheat-"

"that's not what the picture says!" i interrupt him. "because this picture shows you kissing another girl. how could you have not cheated?"

chandler looks at the ground, then back up at me. i try to avoid eye contact, not standing to even look at him. "abbie please, just let me explain." he says sadly, but i'm way too pissed.

"get out." i murmur, while looking at the ground as well.

"what?" he asks, stepping closer to me. he lifts my head with his forefingers. "please, princess let me explai-"

"get out!" i yell, pushing him as hard as i can. causing him to stumble back. his eyes grow larger, clearly surprised by my actions.

"i'm sorry, please let me explain!" he pleads.

"i said, get out!" i yell even louder. he then looks at me in the eyes one last time. and when i cross my arms, he sighs and looks away. i hear the door shut behind me, and that's when the feelings start coming in.

chandler, my first love, cheated on me.

and to make it even worse, i don't know who it was with.

i'm not going to cry for chandler, not again. he may have hurt me, very badly. but i won't let that bother me. if he wants to go and kiss some whore, he can do that. because him and i are officially over.