Gifts of bouquet's

xiao x reader (gender neutral)

warning: none! just fluff :)

xiao when he learns flowers love language after you've gifted him a bouquet. <3

Your appearance as a new recruit to Wangshu Inn, with such outgoing, and great charisma, you won being Verr Goldet's trusted employee. Attending the guests, setting up a great scenery and keeping the place in touch, Verr couldn't of asked for a better friend by her side.

You've been around for a couple of months and met an Adeptus named Xiao, you've never seen an Adeptus so close up before, and you have to admit, he is very ethereal looking, he was a sight to see, and such captivating eyes. On most days when you encounter Xiao, you try your best to communicate, talked about your gardening techniques, your favorite flowers, but he isn't much of a talker. Xiao is a distant guy, he doesn't involve in activities as such, and is only purging monsters from sunrise, til dawn, to sounds of sleep into the night. He often visits Wangshu Inn's isolated area for a short break while eating his favorite dish, almond tofu, and goes back to days work. Which kinda bummed you out, but you understood his circumstances and how busy he is.

but as for you, you were a gardener, you just love to grow flowers and had an amazing garden that Verr most dearly accepted you to grow for the people of Wangshu Inn. you started to plant flowers the wasn't known to Liyue, or in all Teyvat! you adored the way the Aster's, Bluebell's and Red carnation's stood out with Wangshu Inn's Scenery, in hopes to explain all it's significants and be a gardening spokesperson.

Out of all the flowers you've planted, your favorite was the Bluestar, to recognize and admire one's strength, determination and endurance and because you planted it, while thinking of Xiao. You smiled to yourself, and thought of giving a bouquet of Bluestar's to Xiao. It might be silly, considering he doesn't often receive gifts from others, but it would be worth a try.

Later that night, you've prepared Xiao's favorite, signature dish: Almond Tofu's "sweet dreams" you always found it adorable how he described the taste of Almond Tofu, and you made this dish slightly better than the other one's he had, after than, you went back up to set everything up.

You've placed it on the table, in the same spot Xiao usually sits, isolated from people. You placed the Almond Tofu, accompanied with the Bluestar's Bouquet on the side.

You took inhaled, and exhaled lightly closing your eyes for a moment, before calling Xiao over—

"Xiao, I know you're probably busy right now, but if you can come over for a second I'd like to give you something..." letting out the lowest whisper off the balcony.

In just of a matter of seconds, Xiao appeared right besides you.

"Ah, Xiao! I'm glad you made it, I hope it's not a bad time?"

"It's never a bad time when you need me, Y/n, so, what is it?" Xiao said while turning back to you.

"right! well, I made you your favorite, almond tofu, and..this.." you said while handing him the bouquet of Bluestar's while lightly blushing looking to the other side. "T-They're Bluestars...its significant is recognizing, admiring strength, determination and endurance. I planted this because I thought of you...I really appreciate everything you do for Liyue, Xiao. So, thank you."

then he quickly reached for the small basket of almond tofu and teleported off somewhere with the bouquet. Xiao didn't mean to act out and leave you there, had no idea what to say, he was in fact stunned, he has never received such affirmation!

The next day you were again there, planting in your garden. You were worried of Xiao, last night he left with no warning, did that offend him? You planted some Lilly of Valleys for Xiao. You weren't going to give them to him, but in hopes that he'd forgive you as they grow.

A few days later, you were sweeping up the place, started from bottom to top. Once you've reached to the last section, you noticed that same presence when you first arrived here. could that be Xiao? you thought to your self.

"Xiao?" you questioned out loud. But, there was no answer. You mentally sighed and continued the sweeping the last bit. Before you left the place, you noticed 2 pairs of white flowers and a notecard on the table at the side, you noticed these flowers are...Gardenia?! I have not planted these yet, where did they come from?

You opened the note and you swore you felt your stomach do a flip when you noticed Xiaos name.

"Y/n, thank you for the flowers you gave me. Sorry I left you alone, I would've given you these in person, but I just finished cleaning out the monsters nearby so I'm still draining out the Karmic debt out of me. I hope in these Gardenia's you'll understand my true feelings. I could only planted 2 since I'm inexperienced like you, but I would hope for you to show me more. please take care, call me when you need me. - Xiao."

you lightly giggled and with a pink tainted blushed, and closed your eyes as you hugged the note tightly to your chest.

Now, every once in a while, you'd teach Xiao more meanings of flowers, and how to grow them.

Mostly everyday, you'd wake up with a neatly set of blue Salvia's that then later turned into red Salvia's. you couldn't help but smile and hold them close. You were in total bliss of happiness.

Now, you have a garden to share with.

Blue Salvias - Thinking of you

Red Salvias - Forever mine