"I didn't do it. Tell them, Y/N, why are you lying to everyone? Aren't you my friend?" She screeched, standing in front of the school committee.  Small crystals of tears fell from her green eyes, which I have always loved.

I stood there, looking at the faces of people who were supposed to bring me justice. They looked at her with pity. I saw the way the principle was looking at me with disgust. Blankness surrounds me. The rain poured from the gray clouds. Thunder struck the sky, illuminating the darkness of the night.

And I see the silhouette of the girl who stood at the edge of the hill. Looking at the sky. "You know why everyone hates the villain in the stories?" A hush fell, letting the wind whistle freely. No sound was heard as she turned around, looking at me. "It's because they get to know about the wrong they've done. But in this story, my dear, the innocent would be declared as the villain. And the villain? Oh, she's going to thrive while seeing the innocent one cry, begging for someone to believe her."

I know what happened next. The details of it has been engraved in my mind since a long time ago, but nothing could ever prepare me for what I have done. No matter how many times I relive this moment, it still takes all of my breath away, leaving me grasping for anything to keep me afloat. And just like every time, I woke up. Drenched in my own sweat. The window rattled as the cold wind of early morning entered the small, one-bedroom apartment.

I pour a glass of water for myself and drink it in one go. Leaning my back against the headrest of the bed, deep in thought, I passed my hand through the soft brown hairs of my brother, who slept beside me without a care in the world. His mouth was opened as he drooled on the pillow underneath his head. I cringed at the sight, but nothing less continued to pass my hand through his hair.

He was the only thing in my life that could give me any sort of comfort. He kept me alive. He was my savior and my lifeline, Guem-Hye. My eyes fell on the wall clock. I carefully slid out of the bed, covering him with the comforter to keep him warm.

......................

I was done with my job as a housekeeper at one of the high-class hotels when I stepped out, ready to make my way home, mentally preparing myself for the supper I had to make. My wrist hurt from cleaning all day, and my feet barely had the strength to carry my weight, but I continued to walk my way home. It was when I had crossed the small bridge and my house was only a few blocks away that I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up. I had this eerie feeling of being watched, but no one was around. I slowed my pace. But the feeling never wavered, not until I had reached my house. The four walls of the apartment gave me a sense of security, as if nothing could harm me now.

"Thank god ness! I was starting to get worried, Y/N." The worried voice of Guem-Hye babysitter Veronica echoed in the house. If I hadn't been working at that hotel, I would never have been able to hire a babysitter. "Sorry Veronica. There was a lot of work. And I know how you have to go home as well but of me; you got held up." I spoke, taking my shoes off and replacing them with blue-colored flip-flops.

"Nonsense. You know I love to spend time with Guem-Hye. And how could I not? He's such a well-behaved boy." I smiled at that. "Speaking of Guem-Hye, where is that little munchin of mine?" I filled a glass with water, feeling my throat dry from the fast walk I had.

"He fell asleep after playing, a while ago. He might wake up soon." She informed me, picking up her bag from the dresser. I cooked dinner, so you can relax now, whereas I need to head home." She collected her car keys from the table beside the door. "Why don't you stay for dinner?" You cooked it after all." I suggested. But I got a shake of her head. making her blond hair bounce. "You know I cannot do that. Mom would roast me on her favorite grill, which she bought just last month, if I told her I had dinner out." I laughed. Knowing just how true it was. Mrs. Fredrick loved cooking and loved it even more to feed others.