Paint

Jade takes a step back from the wall, examining the work she had done, and what she still had left to do. She dipped her paintbrush in the can of paint in her hand, carefully making sure it was just the right amount of paint before she began to stroke the wall with the brush.
A knock fell on the closed door.
"Come in." Jade called, keeping her eyes on her work.
The door opened and a familiar face walked inside the room.
Calvin Osborne. The Osbornes were a very high end family, well known amongst the nation for their wealth and status. Calvin was in the wrong place at the wrong time, on a bachelor weekend with a couple of chums outside of his gated community, when a titan attack ambushed the city. Drunk, and unfamiliar with his surroundings, Calvin was almost titan chow until a vibrant, beautiful scout saved him and mended his wounds. Ever since that day many years ago, Calvin and Jade have kept in touch. So much so that Calvin was the first to encourage Jades medical career and fund her program.
"Well, and she paints too, always full of surprises aren't we, darling?" Calvin smirked.
Jade shot him a playful glare, "I'm painting all of my exam rooms. I want my patients to feel relaxed, and the kids always like it too."
"I'm glad to see your settling in nicely to your new placement." Calvin said, picking up a spare paintbrush, "may I help?"
"Sure, you can do the filler spaces at the bottom." Jade replied
Calvin stepped closer to the wall and knelt down on one knee, "I think the bottom part of the wall will be easier for you, ya know, since you're so short." Calvin teased.
Jade raised an eyebrow toward him, "did you come just to mock me?"
Calvin chuckled, "of course not, I just wanted to make sure the locals were treating you right, considering you are-"
"A female doctor." Jade interrupted.
"I was going to say new, but yes, I'd figured the men would be giving you grief." Calvin confessed
"Some, but not as much as before. Turns out Trost is more grateful to have experienced help, considering all the titan sightings around here." Jade added
"But you're program isn't of any use here since you have an office." Calvin responded.
See, Jade managed to create a mobile medical service called 'the Stanley-Taylor transportable hospital (stth)', where she and her fellow doctors could take their practice wherever they were needed. Which is a huge necessity in this time, but Calvin was right, her traveling medical service was pointless now that she was at a practitioners office.
"Well, I don't have enough nurses to assist me at the time being to travel." Jade informed
"You can train interns, they'll be more interested in the experience than the money." Calvin offered, "or you could come back to the capital with me."
Jade kept her eyes glued on the wall, knowing Calvin was giving her the same look he had been for a very long time now, "Cal... we talked about this, I-I'm not ready to...give you my answer yet."
A few months ago, Calvin had proposed to Jade to marry him but Jade couldn't deny or accept his feelings, for she was not clear of her own.
"I understand, and you don't have too. I just think your career would be easier to build at the capital, since you are respected there." Calvin said.
Jade knew she was needed in the middle of all the action instead of being in the comforts of the royal capital, being the kings private doctor. She felt like she was actually making a difference outside of the wall.
"I've never trained interns before." Jade said, regrouping back to Calvin's previous idea.
Calvin shrugged, "you can handle anything...ya know, except reach top shelves."
Jade scoffed with a slight smile, "you asshole."
Calvin took his paintbrush, as if he were holding a sword, and swiped paint alongside Jades sleeve.
Jade gasped, "oh now you've done it!"
Jade and Calvin broke out into a paint fight, dodging strikes of the brush here and there, making an absolute mess of themselves.
Jade had managed to pin Calvin on his back on the floor, her paintbrush only inches away from his face.
"Alright, alright! I surrender!" Calvin laughed.
Jade ignored his plea and smashed her brush against his cheek, "too late, jerk head!"
Their laughter was silenced with a harsh knock on the door.
Jade shot to her feet and opened the door.
"Commander Pyxis," Jade stood in a perfect salute, "sir, how can I assist you?"
The high officer took a swig from his flask, "I need you to follow me. Quickly." He calmly informed before walking off.
Jade glanced back at Calvin.
He nodded in confirmation, having heard her orders, "go, I'll clean up."
Jade gave him a quick smile before dashing after the commander.

"What the hell is this?" Jade breathed in terror and awe at the sight. 
Before her and the commander laid a slowly incinerating titan body, lifeless against a huge bolder blocking the hole in the great wall of trost. But it wasn't like any other titan Jade had ever seen.
"This," Pyxis gestured towards the monstrous form, "is your new project."
"E-excuse me?" Jade stuttered in confusion.
"Here you see before you is the aftermath of Eren yeagers titan form." The commander announced, "Yeager is a rookie, with the ability to transform into a titan. He was able to summon this here beaut and carry this bolder here and close the hole in our wall."
"...a human kid...can turn into a titan?" Jade repeated questionably.
The commander laughed, "big things happen outside the office, too bad you aren't a scout anymore."
"Sir, I'm confused on what you want me to do here." Jade said.
"I want you to watch over Yeager." Pyxis stated, "as you can see, he's extremely valuable, seeing that he's able to control his titan ability and use it to our command, we have one hell of a chance with him on our side."
"Clearly." Jade agreed.
"You are the best of the best. First of the scouts and now of the medical field, you're every bit as valuable as Yeager is. I want you two to become allies. I'm making Yeager your personal responsibility, along with our captain and his team as well. You'll keep an eye on him, report back to me on his progress, as well as a kings report. And, worse case scenario, if he were to fall out of line-"
"You want me to kill him." Jade concluded.
The commander nodded, "knock on the wood that doesn't happen, but, I trust you and I need people I trust involved with this situation. My reputation is on the line, Taylor."
Jade nodded, "no problem. You can count on me, sir."
Pyxis smiled, "great, you'll be informed on the court time, there's a hearing to official discuss Erens uniqueness, but that shouldn't be a problem. I know you just moved here a few weeks ago but I'm going to need you to pack up and join the captains special team. I want you to be erens shadow, understand?"
"Yes, sir." Jade responded, saluting the commander as he walked off.