REBIRTH

'Ugh!... Aah!'

My head hurts so badly. Akira clutched his forehead as a sudden pain in his forehead startled him awake.

"Where am I?"

He looks around only to be greeted by a completely white room.

"Am I kidnapped?" These are his first thoughts.

Akira slowly stands up and looks for an exit. After seemingly walking for fifteen minutes, he is unable to figure out the dimensions of the room, much less an exit. The room is white as far as he could see.

Ugh!...

He groans in pain as his head hurts and some memories flood in.

"My name is Akira Thomas, a 26 years medical student. This year I graduated with my master's degree and went out with my friends to celebrate our graduation late at night. After celebrating till midnight, I returned to my hostel dorm to sleep."

The hostel dorm room wasn't the best out there. On the contrary, they were quite old and dilapidated. But who is he to complain, when the most student lives in similar conditions? After he entered the room, he switched on that creepy led room bulb which flickered off and on because of the poor voltage supply.

"Damn! That led bulb always gave me goosebumps whenever I switched it on late at night. I had complained numerous times to the dorm caretaker to fix the line, but it always fell on deaf ears. I always wondered if someday that bulb will short-circuit and burn me to death in my sleep."

Shaking his head, Rudra recalls the events again. After he switched on the bulb, he entered the washroom and washed it up to remove his tiredness, and then went to sleep.

"I remembered switching on the fan as I lay on the bed.

Wait a moment! It was that damn fan that fell on my head and crushed my head instead of that creepy bulb I knew it someday that hostel room would be the death of me. But never I expected it to be that fan."

Akira takes a deep breath and curses those hostel authorities,

"Fuck you all! Damn it! In all years of my college life, you killed me on my last day of college."

"Argh! I am so mad."

Akira kicks up a fuss as he madly curses those hostel authorities to vent his frustration.

"Never mind! It's not like I will return to life."

He shakes his head in dismay.

Meanwhile,

A transparent apparition is looking at their antics of Akira and is amazed by Akira's tantrum. He chuckles slightly and approaches Akira.

The sudden chuckle startles Akira, and he turns around to locate the source of that chuckle. He is stunned to see an apparition walking toward him.

"Is that another ghost?"

Akira is scared to see the apparition.

"You are?!"

The apparition smiles at him and releases a soothing aura to lower his guard.

"Don't worry, child! I am not a ghost or spirit. I am what humans call a GOD."

God proclaims his identity.

"Really?!"

Akira is doubtful of the claim, but he decides to trust the other party.

"Am I dead?"

God is startled to hear this question from Akira

"Yes, child! You are dead."