CHAPTER THREE

Now

RHINE

"When are you coming back?" he asked, wrapping his hands around my middle, standing right behind me, and I could feel his cock springing to life. Even though I grind up on him, ignoring his question, while doing my make-up, I said, "we can't do it again." His hands slid to my hips, rocking his pelvis into my behind, "one for the road?" I looked at his blue eyes through the mirror, shaking my head, "I'm already late." He pouted. William was a very attractive man, definitely, one for the sore eye, with his blue eyes and curly brown hair mopped on his head, not mentioning he was brilliant, could keep a conversation going, and wealthy. He did make my heart race a little. Especially when he made me come. 

He pulled away and stepped back into the suite to get dressed. Done doing my make-up, I also walked back into the room, looked around at my packed suitcase, and everything else I was leaving that would be shipped later in the week. "When are you coming back?" he asked again, making a knot in his tie. He looked at me when he realized I wasn't responding. Then crossed the distance between us, "well?" "I don't know, you know I am taking over the company now. I can't stay in London," I reminded him. "I know, I know. I better get used to not having you around, yeah?" he said, with what looked like a forced smile. "I'll miss you too, you wanker," I smiled up at him. He took my face in his hands and dropped his head for a kiss.

I thrust my tongue in his mouth, ready to tango with his, when a knock sounded on my door, "I don't mean to interrupt, but we're going to be late for the meeting and the flight." That was my assistant, and friend, Sophie. I pulled away from him, dropping one more kiss, then going to grab my luggage, he raced me to it, "I'll do it." I shrugged. He opened the door, winking at my assistant, while rubbing his hand in his hair, "hello Sophia!" She immediately looked away, blushing. And he laughed, walking away to the front door. "Such a fine arse," she mused, her face still flushed. I giggled, "I would know." And I did, William and I had met a little under a year ago, at a charity event organized by his family. We hit it off immediately and slept together that night. And many more nights after that. We were what I'd call friends with benefits. Even if I had a crush on him, I knew he was not about relationships, so that was what fueled our relationship since I knew I would eventually leave London for the States at some point. 

Sophia and I walked down to the front door where William was waiting with my driver, seeing me, he cut his call, and walked to where I was, taking my hands in his, his eyes apologetic, he winced, "unfortunately, I can't see you off at the airport as I planned, I am needed in Bradford." "Is everything alright?" I asked. He shrugged, "that's what I'm going to find out." He dropped a kiss on my lips and then my forehead, "I'll call you later!" Opened the car door for me and Sophia, and his eyes met Sophia's, "don't let her work herself to death, eh?! Take care of her, for me, will you?!" She nodded. He looked at me once more, flashing me that smile that made all London women swoon, "have fun taking over the world." He closed the door, waved and walked to his car, then drove off in the other direction after our vehicle started moving. 

"He fancies you, you know," Sophia said, breaking me from my trance. "I am going to ignore you unless you're telling me something important," I declared. I was not going to think about what would be a romantic relationship between William and me. We did go for dinner once in a while when neither of us was very busy or ordered in at his or my apartment. Was that considered dating? No! I was not going to think about that. My mind mulled over the meeting I was going to have, with the board of directors, back in California, really trying not to think of what would become of me, moving back there. "Will you be moving into the penthouse immediately or do you want to spend some time with your mother?" Sophia asked, not looking up from her screen. I shook my head no, "I'll spend some time with her, but I will go check it out. Preparations for her birthday?" 

My aunt, my mother's elder sister, to whom I referred to as my mother, had her fiftieth birthday coming up. And she wanted it to be the party of the year, as she was stepping down as CEO of Davis and Company, and I would be taking over, after herIt is up to me to make that happen. "Everything is going according to plan, umh but I'm not sure about the flowers," she said, looking at me once. "Why not?" I asked. "Cause it's not tulip season in California," she said it is a "duh" tone. "I'm sure they can be found in another state. If not, import." She hummed a, yes, knowing I was done with that conversation. 

We attended a meeting, my last meeting in the London branch, and it took longer than i anticipated. At the airport, my phone rang, and my lips raised in a smile seeing the name flashed on the screen. "Hello!" I answered. "You leave yet?" he asked. "On the plane, yet to take off." I heard his sigh of relief, "great. I thought I'd missed you. Have a safe flight, darling. Call me when you get home!" "Thank you. Goodbye, William!" I cut the call. Looking out of the window, my thoughts far away.

 Will i get to see Zion again? What about William?