Chapter 38 - Plan B

**Later That Evening**

Ivy and Shannon had enjoyed their tour around the Starbucks Reserve and Tasting Room and they had had their fulfilment of coffee to last them what felt like a year.

Shannon was particularly thrilled with the amount of free samples he had come away with.

On the journey home they had chatted away and Shannon had told her about his plans to open a second branch of Black Fuel in Seattle, and that he was going to be starting to look at possible locations for the shop. He had asked her if she would like to come along to view some of the locations with him and Ivy had agreed.

As he pulled up into his drive and cut the engine, Shannon's phone rang and he reached into his pocket to fish it out.

"Hello? Oh, OK sure. I'm just outside in my yard, I'll come over and open the gates for you. Great. See you in a bit." He hung up and saw he had a text from Jay.

"Shan,
Give me a call, I need to discuss something with you."

He sighed, rolling his eyes at his brothers demanding message, and knew that he would have to call him back within the next 5 minutes or his phone would blow up.

"Call you in 5. Busy right now." He quickly fired back.

"What was that about?" Ivy asked Shannon once he had put his phone away.

"That...is all part of your surprise." He grinned at her.

"What are you planning now?"

"Nothing you need to worry your pretty head about."

"Shannon..."

"Trust me. Go inside, I'll be there shortly."

"Ok..."

Ivy climbed out of his truck and went inside. Her phone suddenly rang and she pulled it out of her bag, looking at the screen. It was her brother, Bryce. She wasn't expecting a call from him. Infact, they hadn't spoken in quite a while; both just seemingly too busy with conflicting schedules.

Answering the call she heard her brothers familiar and soothing voice float down the phone to her.

"Hey Iv. I hope I've caught you at an OK time, still after all these years trying to get used to time difference. Sorry."

"No. It's fine. It's nice to hear from you I'm sorry I've sucked in keeping contact, I've had a lot going on here."

"Oh really? All good I hope?"

"Mostly."

"Oh, what's wrong?" There was concern in his voice.

"It's a long story." Ivy sighed. "How's Cassie and the kids?" She decided to detract from her current situation.

"Cassie's great and so are the kids. Tyler's just about to start Middle School and Emily is doing great, she's in the school choir now and loving it."

"Gosh they're grown up. That's great to hear. Maybe we could Skype sometime so I can chat with them?"

"Sure."

"So what were you phoning about? Can I help?"

"Well actually. I'm coming to LA next week for a business trip. I just wondered if you were free one day to have dinner and catch up?"

"Sure. I'd love that, it would be so good to catch up with you."

Shannon's front door clicked open and he walked in carrying a garment bag and box.