Chapter 47 - Grass Green and Sky Blue

Cradling her head in her hands, Ivy looked down at her phone in front of her on the table in the restaurant where she had agreed to meet Jess for lunch.

"Why did I do it Jess?" Ivy groaned; half in embarrassment and half because she was seriously hung over from last night.

"Do what Iv? Hey, are you going to eat that toast?" Jess asked Ivy, seemingly being completely untouched by her own alcohol consumption.

Ivy's gaze flitted to the pieces of toast on the plate next to her and her stomach lurched. "Yeah sure, go ahead."

"What did you do?" Jess asked again, picking up a piece of Ivy's wholegrain toast and buttering it to eat.

Ivy didn't reply, but shoved her phone in Jess's direction, before slumping her head down to bury it in her arms folded across and resting on the table before her.

She suddenly heard Jess snort very loudly and was hit by a spray of water. Lifting her gaze she found Jess wiping the front of her top.

"It's not that bad, is it? Please tell me its not?"

"Well...the miss your cocktails part is hilarious and you could have gotten away with it if you hadn't used the word 'horny'."

"Jess! Shhh!" Ivy glared at her, worried that the people on the next table had heard.

"I just like Shannon's reply of '???'."

"Yeah, well that could have been worse, but then there's the small matter of the boobs photo I also apparently sent him on WhatsApp..."

"You did what? Oh girl, this just gets better and better." Jess was in stitches by now.

"Why am I like this Jess? Why can I never just be normal?"

"Hey, at least it wasn't a picture of your coochie."

"Don't Jess." She slid a hand across the table and took her phone from Jess before gingerly texting Shannon saying:

Ivy: Can you please delete that message and photo I sent to you last night? And for the record, yes, I'm mortified.

It wasn't long before she received a reply.

Shannon: It was a nice surprise I must say. I also enjoyed whacking one out to it this morning 😏

Ivy: SHANNON! Please delete both or I'll never talk to you again.

Shannon: I thought you weren't anyway.

Ivy: You know that isn't true Shannon.

"So what have you got planned for the rest of the day?" Jess asked, still hungrily wolfing down the rest of her brunch.

"Erm...I think I'll be going for a bit of a nap as soon as I get back. My brother, Bryce, is coming to stay with me one day this week. He's got a work conference here somewhere."

"Oh really? You two haven't seen one another for a while have you? It'll be nice to catch up."

"Yeah it will. I haven't seen my niece and nephew in a long time, so I'm sure there will be a lot to catch up on in regards to them." Ivy sipped at her coffee.

Her phone pinged and she saw that Jared had sent her a message:

Jared: Hey, are you doing anything this afternoon?

"Is that Jared?" Jess leaned across and peered at Ivy's phonescreen.

"Yes it is. You can put your tongue away Jess." Ivy teased her.

"So. What's he want?"

"He just wanted to know what I was doing this afternoon. I don't know why?"

"Well. Reply."