complacent pair🌹

kakashi leaned against the doorway again, a loud sigh escaping his lips, forcing an eye roll from obito.

"i'm not leaving until you join us," he decided, grinning at yamato, who found amusement in obito's frustration. as obito fumbled with the power drill in his hands, kakashi sent another quick text message to rin.

he's being difficult. may take a while.

"well you'll be waiting a while! don't you remember what happened last time?!" obito shouted, shooting a glance to - unfortunately - his best friend. kakashi smiled, still amused by his aggravation when his phone buzzed in his hand again.

here too. i got all but one.

rin rolled her eyes, tossing her phone onto the bed beside y/n before laying down beside her, a grin clear on her face.

"so. . ." she dragged out, earning another amused smile from y/n.

"rin, don't you remember what happened last time we went out together? when you tried setting me up?" y/n giggled, though a sour taste came to her mouth as she recalled the man that told her ass or gas, after driving y/n home.

"it's different, this time! i grew up with these guys, and i'm not setting you up with anyone, i promise," rin stated, remembering the flustered look on y/n's face when she bursted through the front door, fear and sadness melted with her makeup, courtesy of rin. "and it won't just be you and i. kurenai, too."

as much as y/n liked to believe in girls protecting girls, she was still weary about going out with rin again. although, it did sound like a better plan than studying all night. even though the last guy yelled at her, it was definitely memorable!

"i grew up with a lot of guys i don't like, either," y/n laughed, fighting rin with the covers as y/n desperately attempted to pull them over her head.

"you'll like them, i promise! besides, one of them might be just your type!"

"you wouldn't know what my type is!" y/n giggled as rin finally grabbed onto her wrist, pulling her from the comfort of her bed. "and our essay is due next week!"

"tsunade will give an extension, now let's go get you ready," rin confidently stated, although she doubted it was true. y/n finally sighed as rin pulled harder, finally dragging her towards the walk-in closet.

y/n was always amazed by rin's fashion, makeup, house. it had been one year since she met rin, and several months since living with her in the loft her parents paid for. rin always talked about how, at least, she wasn't living with a man, and it helped that the both of them were studying medicine at the college a few blocks down. it was a big city - konoha was - and y/n still hardly knew her way around. she was lucky to get to school on time most days, even after her excessive planning. luckily, rin's parents were well off, and though only living across town, still paid for the loft closer to school, and almost everything else rin had.

y/n, not so much.

her closet was lined with scrubs and casual clothes, nothing too outrageous. rin glanced at her phone before shuffling through the clothes hanging up,

i got him. be there in thirty.

"i'm driving," obito sternly stated, earning a scoff from asuma, who had finally approached behind; although he told kakashi it was an important phone call, kakashi noticed the shift in his attitude. it must have been a girl.

"no you aren't! i didn't drive my car down these roads for you to drive," asuma stated, exaggerating the road conditions from kakashi's house to obito and yamato's work. obito rolled his eyes once more, wiping the sawdust from his shoulder as he exited the framed structure behind kakashi, yamato following close.

"lighten up, obito," yamato tried to ease as the four approached asuma's car. obito had to admit, his car was pretty nice. "besides, you haven't seen rin in ages."

"it hasn't been long enough," obito scoffed, reminded that the girl he fawned over was head over heels for kakashi, and probably forty others before himself. kakashi got passenger, leaving yamato and obito to sit in the backseat as asuma began driving again.

"yeah, she set this thing up because it has been a while," kakashi defended as obito finally caved, staring out the window. "pretty women are all around on friday nights, too."

"he's right," asuma interjected, gesturing to kakashi as he stopped at a red light. obito silently sighed, uncertain why he was so against going out for a night. he did miss seeing rin a lot, and it wouldn't kill him to take the edge off by getting wasted.

i got her, too. see ya!

rin placed her phone onto the counter as y/n leaned closer to the mirror, coating her lashes with mascara.

"so. . . tell me about these people. i don't wanna embarrass myself," y/n nervously stated, glancing at rin's reflection.

"you've heard about kakashi, of course," rin blushed, earning an amused grin from y/n, as she did know a little too much about someone she's never met. y/n did attend one baseball game on campus, and kakashi was one of the fastest runners she had ever seen. it went without saying that y/n could see the appeal. "there's asuma - he's a tattoo artist, now, i think."

"you think?"

"yamato goes to college, too, for architect. . ." rin raised her brows, biting down on her lip as if to suggest that - maybe - y/n would like him. "obito works with him, but he doesn't go to college. you know kurenai. . . and, i guess if guy is there; he's a physical therapist and personal trainer."

"you certainly know a lot of people," y/n pointed out, somewhat envious of rin's ability to make friends so easily. although it had been a year since y/n started medical school, she's only made a few friends - kurenai, because for the first few months in konoha, y/n and her shared a dorm together. rin was especially fond of y/n's brains, certain she would be helpful in the long run of medical school.

"it helps to not be so shy," rin smiled, "you're pretty, and smart. you should act like it!" rin exclaimed, her eyes locked with y/n as she gently brushed her fingers through her hair.

"thank you, rin," y/n spoke shyly, pulling her face from the mirror, taking one final look at her reflection, hoping to not hate what she saw. she was complacent, to say the least, though rin's skirt was a little too high for her own liking.

"you're welcome. . . now, come on, we're gonna be late!"

____________________________________

A/N - ahhhh! hello! i love obito so much and i wanted to involve his character into my writing in some way... thank you @tiredbiscuit and @crybabygalore for the inspiration on writing this, both amazing writers! - go read their stories as well! <3