tobi🌹

obito moved through the lobby after spotting rin's last name on one of the lock boxes. his eyes scanned every button on the elevator, finally deciding to check the fourth floor first. another guy quickly entered after obito, glancing at the fourth number already pressed before leaning against the wall, avoiding all eye contact.

this guy certainly better not be here for her.

he knew it was crazy to assume, but he couldn't help it. as pretty and sweet as y/n was, it was safe to assume every guy would fall head over heels for her at a quick glance.

obito ignored him as they arrived to the fourth floor, quickly heading in the opposite direction as he searched for the apartment number. he was right, it was on the fourth floor, luckily down the hall from that guy.

obito had become so focused on finding the apartment that he hadn't noticed the crushed rose stems in his hand, practically mutilated the entire bottom half of the bouquet. "shit."

Y/N STOOD in the kitchen, patiently leaning on the counter as rin waited, too, sighing every minute to express her annoyance with obito's tardiness.

"he'll be here," y/n giggled, seeing as though he was only five minutes later than when he said he would be. y/n was already turning red, she was sure of it. just thinking about him made her nervous again, but in the best way possible.

a knock at the door earned a pair of raised brows from rin, who seemed almost surprised. y/n quickly went for the door, nervously unlocking it as she glanced back at rin. opening the door, obito stood there, roses in hand, and a large bruise on his cheek, framed with a smile.

"obito, what happened?!" y/n couldn't spare the time to grovel over the flowers - the first she had ever received - as her hand instinctively went to touch his cheek.

"oh, obito i certainly hope you didn't get in a fight!" rin chimed in, earning a quick look from obito, who noticed the scowl on her face, mouthing more words for only him to decipher.

"we were boxing - kakashi, guy and me. . . it's no big deal," obito shyly spoke, already wanting to feel her gentle touch some more. rin's wide eyes went unnoticed, as y/n pulled her hand back to her side.

"oh. . . so just like, training?" y/n seemed cautious, looking up at him with hopeful, beautiful eyes. he nodded, though unsure if she would be more over him if it had been a real fight.

"these are for you," he finally said, holding the flowers out towards her as she smiled once again, seeming better than before.

"thank you, obito," she softly stated, lifting the bouquet up slightly to smell the roses, her eyes closing for a moment to drive obito crazy. "let me put these in water, and i'll be ready," she turned away, rushing over to the sink before grabbing an empty vase. oh, if rin weren't here, the things he would do. she wore a pair of jeans, now, with the same sweatshirt he gave her the night before. "okay, i'm ready. bye rin."

"bye, have fun, be safe!" rin shouted before obito could close the door behind y/n, nearly cutting her words short as she was anything but a good wingman.

"that was really nice, you didn't have to do that," y/n quietly stated as the two approached the elevator again.

"i wanted to. . . you're like them, you know?" obito softly stated, pressing the button to bring the elevator back.

"how?"

"pretty," obito smoothly stated, suppressing the absolute fear beneath the surface before she smiled wide.

"are you sure you're okay? it looks really bad," she winced, her fingertips touching his bruised cheek once more as they waited for elevator, obito hoping it would never come.

"it's a little sore," he stated, half serious, but mainly he enjoyed the attention. her thumb brushed against the bruise, a saddened face replacing the glee obito liked so much.

the doors opened, and obito grabbed onto her hand, leading the way inside.

🌹

"oh, tobi i'm so sorry," y/n's whining delivered lustful thoughts into his head whilst pressing an ice pack to his cheek. obito was more than capable of holding it there, but he loved the way her hands felt brushing against his cheek as she leaned over him. kakashi could not have been more right. . . this is fucking amazing.

"it's okay, it was an accident - i should have blocked it," obito slightly eased, feeling as though his bed was heaven on earth, her body so close to his own.

"you're crazy," she giggled, her fingertips slowly rising to touch his hair. "fighting is not a sport, it doesn't make any sense."

fucking her was certainly going to be his new favorite sport.

"have a thing against violence?" obito finally asked, genuinely curious as, it seemed, last night she was panicked from asuma fighting, and looking back, rin attempted to make it clear to not mention a fight in front of her. he didn't regret it this time, though.

"it's just crazy to me why anyone would want to hurt someone else," she shyly said, and obito knew she was keeping something from him; that just won't do. "it's scary, too. . . i've never been capable of being so angry to hurt someone."

it was a regular occurrence for obito, but he didn't mention it; he couldn't mention how much he wanted to pummel the random stranger in the elevator, or how he desperately wanted to see kakashi's blood after calling y/n 'cute', a harmless compliment that obito was incapable of accepting.

"it's not so bad. sometimes it's almost necessary," obito gently pried, earning a slight look of uncertainty from y/n.

"i don't think so," she truthfully stated, as one black eye and bloody nose was far too many for her to experience again. why anyone would attempt to hurt her was beyond obito's realm of understanding, though it still ate away at the back of his mind.