friends🌹

y/n stretched down, touching her toes with her fingertips as rin, who was supposed to be doing yoga with her, simply watched her phone on the mat beside y/n.

"can't we just watch a movie?" rin sighed as y/n sat on her knees, barely halfway to the floor as she giggled.

"this was your idea, rin!" y/n reminded, recalling the day rin suggested doing yoga on the weekends, after school work was done, of course. rin groaned, hating how quickly her interests would change. still, y/n was somewhat thankful for it, otherwise she would have never done yoga, and she would have never learned how to knit. the oven beeped, and rather than y/n getting there, rin quickly stood up.

y/n breathed a deep breath, putting her weight onto her forearms, bringing her legs above her head, bending her body as she looked forward, a familiar burn in her abdomen and biceps. her balance was quickly cut short, collapsing to the ground as her phone buzzed and dinged from beside her.

"y/n? you okay?"

"i'm- i'm fine!" y/n groaned, wincing as she grabbed onto her phone with haste.

hello! it's obito. . . i hope it's okay, i got your number.

obito's eyes shifted from the screen to kakashi, who leaned against the railing, waiting.

"come on, your turn," kakashi urged with a smile as obito quickly put his mouth gaurd onto his teeth, setting his phone aside to enter the ring with kakashi, who was already bruised across his bare chest.

"you need to learn when to take a break," obito softly chuckled, shaking his head as he tightened the bandages over his knuckles.

"please! kakashi will never learn," guy urged from the outside, not having to establish ground rules between the two; no ball hits, if they block for more than four seconds, it's time, and, of course, don't get blood in his ring.

"how'd it go with. . ."

"y/n," obito corrected as kakashi nodded, remembering the most precious name in obito's vocabulary at the moment.

"yeah, she's cute," kakashi teased, knowing obito's first reaction would to be punching him in the mouth, and he was correct, quickly dodging the blow with a short-lived laugh.

"guys, we're here to box, not kill each other!" guy reminded as the two exchanged blows, blocking most hits with ease. obito shoved kakashi away, growing frustrated with the lack of blood pouring from his nose after his devious comment. there were certainly times obito regretted working out with kakashi and guy, however, this exercise was always his favorite. "nice, obito! make space!"

just then, obito's phone dinged from the chair he just sat in, forcing his eyes back, just enough for kakashi to land a hard hit directly to the side of obito's head, nearly knocking him unconscious.

"fuck, you alright, obito?" kakashi was quick to ask as obito's body fell to the mat, a harsh wince prominent on his face, opening his eyes to see guy at eye level with him.

"obito, you alright?" guy asked, carefully inspecting the blood coming from obito's nose. still, obito nodded, catching his breath before peeling himself off the mat. "good, because you're bleeding on my mat."

obito finally lifted his head, his palms planting at his sides to get up as blood was, in fact, sliding from his face to the mats.

"i'll clean it. i'm sorry, obito i thought you would've blocked it," kakashi quickly apologized, grabbing onto obito's left arm, pulling him back to his feet. obito would be lying if he said the room wasn't absolutely spinning, but he still exited the ring as kakashi unwrapped his bloody bandages. kakashi was right, as the two had been fighting for years, and obito knew all of kakashi's secrets, and vice versa. he should have blocked it or dodged, but the phone went off. his phone! nearly tripping, obito shuffled to his chair, lifting his phone from where it sat.

it's okay! i was kind of hoping you would have.

y/n sat beside rin on the couch, curled up to watch another episode of grey's anatomy together. rin set the remote down before retreating into the couch once more, her eyes never leaving the screen.

"did you give obito my number?" y/n finally asked with a smile, eyeing rin as she quickly blushed and glanced over.

"maybe," she stated with a smile prominent on her face. rin had to admit, it was kind of fun, having a part in y/n and obito's relationship; she only hoped it wouldn't backfire.

what are you doing tonight?

obito winced, seeing his reflection after spitting out his mouth gaurd. his cheek was already bruised, a light amount of blood lining his teeth before shooting a glare at kakashi, who was nice enough to get an ice pack.

"ouch," kakashi half chuckled, half winced as obito placed the ice pack to his cheek, relishing in the soothing temperature. "sorry, again."

"i'll be fine," obito sighed, hating that he may be seeing y/n again tonight with such a bruised face. he hoped the ice would ease the discomfort, however it would be a few days before it finally disappeared. "i would have blocked it. . . i was just a little distracted."

"well, what did she say?" kakashi asked, already well aware that the only reason obito got hit was if she was texting him. obito, although skeptical, sighed and looked at his phone again.

"she wants to see me tonight," obito breathed in defeat as a wide, surprised smile came to kakashi's face.

"that's perfect!"

"are you fucking kidding me?" obito was quick to stand up again, placing a firm hand to his chest before pushing him again. perfect?! after you nearly knocked me out?!

"no! dude, she's in medical school. i'll bet she takes care of you," kakashi quickly explained, earning an uncertain glare from obito.

oh my god, yes!

before obito could think much further (a much better alternative to popping a stiffy in front of kakashi and guy, just thinking about her hands all over him) he turned back, quickly grabbing onto his phone to reply back to her. kakashi quickly looked, too, watching obito type,

my house? i can pick you up. . .

"do you have condoms?" kakashi quietly asked, earning a nod from obito as the two awaited a response.