Chapter 6: The Final Chapter

Years passed, world evolved into something unrecognisable to Evans but still the only world he knew revolved around his love Julia. He went on to places where they wanted to go together, and wishing on every time that she were there. The burden of love was taking a heavy toll on him, but he had to take care of his parents. So, he made himself strong enough to take a good care of his beloved parents until their death. He was devastated when he lost his father and felt strayed when he lost his mother. But he never gave up, he took care of the farm, and fulfilled every dreams of his parents except to have a family of his own.
Evans dedicated his life to his family business and also in helping kids from poor families and orphans. He became famous among the town which was once a village. His fame grew with his business and welfare activities, which enabled a visitor to find him.
It was on a fine afternoon while old Evans was resting on his arm chair, a visitor found her way to him.  She looked familiar, but due to ageing he couldn't be sure as she was a little far while getting down from a taxi.
But he recognised her as she came closer, he was overwhelmed but held back all his emotions and greeted her with a beautiful smile.
It was Claire, Julia's sister, she had a serious but rather curious look while gazing upon old Evans, like even she wasn't sure how he's going to react, and didn't even expect him to recognise her. But his smile gave her confidence, as she walked closer, Evans said " You look old ! What happened?! " while chuckling. A kind of knowingness hit her, like they've known each other for years! The way Evans make people special has never got erased from his genes! She was surprised and happy to meet him.
They hugged and he let her into his house, as they walked , she asked " How are you brother?" And Evans went on like a lonely kid who was reunited with his family finally, as they entered into his guest room.
He asked his maid to bring her tea and some biscuits. The maid greeted her and served  her tea and biscuits and left in a hurry to prepare meal for the guest. Claire realised that he has led his life all alone, which made her feel overwhelmed and also gave her the courage to present him with the reason for her arrival.
"After 37years, do you still love her ?" Claire asked.
Tear came rolling down his cheeks when he said " Who said I stopped loving her?"
'I'm here for a reason!' Claire exclaimed, took a deep breath and continued " I know you have spend all your life alone, thinking about my sister, I also know that you've always wanted to see her, and you must've assumed that she had moved on after her marriage and led a happy life. But the truth is she never did, she always found reasons to not to be with her husband, also fought with the world for her independence. But God had other plans for her always. She was diagnosed with Endometrial Cancer ten years ago, which then started to deteriorate her other organs one by one." Words became less clear as she was speaking, she was no more in a position to hold her tears back.
Evans on the other side broke the moment he heard that Julia was diagnosed with cancer.
"She is a strong woman! She's my inspiration, my home , my best friend and my second mother! I would do anything for her and I did... But everything has a limit! Even for Julia, she is drained of courage, her husband left her the day he got to know about it! She was all by herself when I found her...I tried my best to bring it back, but I couldn't.
Of all her dreams, meeting you was always on top but she won't let you see her in this condition. But I can't let her go until she sees the person who has always loved her endlessly." Claire was wailing as she was speaking.
"I want you to come with me! I want to fulfill all her dreams! Will you come with me to meet her ?" She asked sobbingly. Evans never thought that he'll be able to see his Julia again, but he also knew that to see her in pain will kill him too. And in order to fulfill her wish, he should be there with her, because he loved her for her heart not for her beauty.
He didn't give it another thought, "I am coming with you!" Said while wiping his tears. He calmed her down,  made sure that she rests well for their journey back.
Next evening they left Romania for Scotland. The episodes of flashbacks were going on his mind while they were traveling and upon reaching Scotland he realised that the world has changed drastically in every inch! He had held back a lot , now it's time for him to tell Julia about him fulfilling their dream, experience while exploring places, how he wished that she was there by his side. And how he never stopped loving her even for a second. He had a lot to tell her.
As the distances reduced Evans heartbeat started to raise. On the way Claire received a call from home saying that Julia was taken to hospital in emergency. They rushed to the hospital where they took her. Outside ICCU, Jordan, Claire's husband was standing with a panicking face . They rushed towards him, Jordan hugged  and calmed her down and said " She's gone". Claire screamed out of pain! Evans on the other side collapsed out of excruciating pain.
After a while care taker led Evans into her cabin, where he saw the lifeless body of his love. Even her lifeless resting face had a beautiful smile. He cried and complained like a child, knowing that it's worthless after all! He hugged her close to his chest and never wanted to let her go. He was proud of her for being strong and being a warrior all along. So he took his time and told her about everything he wanted to tell her, while weeping like a child who lost his mother.
Evans was both in pain and acceptance of his faith as he left that hospital that day.
And Julia died as she was waiting to see the man who she loved eternally, without knowing that he loved her all along.
After her funeral, he left the country with a photo of his love along with the memory of her beautiful smiling face as she was resting for the eternity, hoping to be reunited in the next life and never to be seperated forever.