5. Sinners Together

Its been three days. Three days since I have seen Ghostface. I find myself looking for him everywhere, every perosn that wears something black I automatically think that its him.

Every sound I hear when im at home, in the middle of the night I check to see if its him. Every person i see walk the lonely streets of my nieghborhood i look long and hard. But nothing.

I even asked Gavin to tell me if he sees anybody that looks creepy when hes at work. He graduated two years ago. No college for him, he thinks its a waste of his time.

But Gavin hasn't see anything.

A part of me dreads the day or night or moment I do finally see him.

I have been doing pretty good with not thinking about what I did. If something reminds me of it i automatically think of it as a dream. Because no matter how much i try. I can't sleep. Sleep was something I often didn't do in the first place.

But now, its something that seems like a waste of time.

Because why would i want to sleep when I know who the killer is?

The one person that everyone fears may be the person I fear of telling my aweful secret.

I wash my hands every chance I get.

Sometimes I swear I can still see a stain of what is left of Sam Jones. And I scrub and scrub until my own blood covers that stain.

The cut on my wtist needed stiches, the one he gave me. It fit right in with the ones my mother so happily gave me as well. Although hers werent as bad and are starting to scab. But somehow they hurt worse.

My eyes try to follow the ball being thrown into the hoop but all i see is the knife going into Sams neck.

Ok maybe I do obess about what I did.

But the weird thing is that no one talks about Sams death. They didn't even put a memorial on his locker like they have to other victems.

Some may think of me lucky that no one talks about it, but it makes me alot more nervous. Because that means that somone is hiding the fact that Sam is dead.

His parents don't even look sad, they cheer for our team when one of our players dunks and makes the crowd go crazy.

I watch, trying to measure every facial expression they make. None looks strained, none looks forced. It almost feels like they don't even know that they're son is dead.

"God, hes so hot." the sound of Sid's voice makes me look down to the untouched popcorn that i have been holding for the last 15 minutes. I bought it with the intention to eat it but i just can't bring myself too. Not when....Not when the popcorn-

"Who is?" I ask shaking the desgusting thought from my head. Sid looks away from her phone and looks at me. Did I aks the wrong question? Her eyebrows knit together as she stares at my popcorn.

I almost gag when she takes one and pops it into her mouth.

"Billy." She says like its the most obvious thing in the world. I roll my eyes. "I thought you were over him?" I say looking to where Billy and Stu sit. I quickly look away once i see they both look down at us. Sid either pretends like they arent there or doesn't care as she continues like they arent two rows above us.

"Like damn, remind me why we broke up?" I stare at her in disbelief.

"Um because you were cheating on him. And you wanted to break up." I say handing her the popcorn she keeps eating.

How does she not see that the popcorn looks like curls?

Like Sams curls.

"Oh yeah. I was stupid back then." She says stuffing her mouth full of the nasty stuff.