Ep. 1: The Boys of Summer (1/3)

• The Wandering have returned home from their first major North American tour and are starting their "summer vacation." However, fans and familiar faces change their vacation and their lives.

*The show opens up with blank screen that reads "Avalanche." The drum intro to The Boys of Summer begins to play as Ava wakes up. It cuts to Ava walking her dog in a fairly empty Raleigh. She walks into a Starbucks as the music begins to fade. The barista calls for her name and gasps in shock as she walks up to the bar.*

Matty: Is that my favorite customer?

Ava: Is that my favorite barista?

Matty: How was tour? It looked like an absolute blast!

Ava: It was incredible. We sold out almost every show, played street hockey before each show, Jamie met her celebrity crush in Vancouver, and even filmed part of our Vegas music video. It was quite the experience.

Matty: Who's Jamie's celebrity crush?

Ava: Brock Boeser, he plays for the Vancouver Canucks. He went to a radio show they performed at and she almost flipped. Turns out a few of the guys like Caramel Rain.

Matty: Aw, that's awesome.

Ava: Haha, yeah, it was a blast. Are you still going to Ride the Tide?

Matty: I wish! If I can't find an affordable hotel by tomorrow I'm selling my tickets.

Ava: I'm sure we can help you find a place! I know Alex and Anders have a guest room in their studio, I can talk to them and see if they'd let you use it. I'm sure they wouldn't mind.

Matty: You'd do that for me?

Ava: You have been my only barista since high school. You were my favorite coworker. I'm gonna help you out.

Matty: I really appreciate it. I real-

*Matty is interrupted as a fan runs up to Ava.*

Johnathan: Is that the one and only Ava Lynn?

Ava: Um, yea, nice to meet you!

Johnathan: You probably don't remember me, but we went to high school together!

Ava: We did?

Johnathan: Yeah! We both went to Armour High! I was the captain of the basketball team! Johnathan Pike?

Ava: That's awesome! Unfortunately I don't remember anyone from the basketball team or much of high school, haha.

Johnathan: Do you not remember having AP Human Geo with me? Mr. Sanderson was our teacher.

Ava: Not really, all I remember from that class was Luke and I having intense Rock Paper Scissors competitions. Those were the good ol' days.

Johnathan: You really don't remember me?

Ava: I'm sorry I don't.

Johnathan: Well, maybe we can catch up someday.

*Matty interrupts the two, noticing Ava is uncomfortable.*

Matty: So, what are your plans for today?

Ava: I'm gonna relax with the boys. Maybe go grocery shopping, who knows.

Matty: Well, if ya need anything, text me, okay?

Ava: Sure thing! I'll probably be back here later, not gonna lie.

Matty: Haha, sure thing. See ya!

Ava: Have a good day! *She turns to Johnathan* It was nice to meet you! Have a good day!