Ep. 1: The Boys of Summer (2/3)

*Part two opens with Tommy and Ava driving to the suburbs of Raleigh. The Boys of Summer is playing on the radio. The two are singing to the song while Tommy drives. *

Ava: Maybe we should make this our second cover at Ride The Tide!

Tommy: What about All These Things That I've Done?

Ava: We have an extra, I don't know, ten or so minutes for our time slot. We have like an hour and a half. We can manage to fit All These Things and Boys of Summer.

Tommy: That's an interesting combo. Don Henley and The Killers?

Ava: My mom is a big Eagles fan. She's gonna be there. We can do it for her.

Tommy: *smiles* Alright, fine by me.

*The two pull up to a little suburban house. The two get out of the car and do a little handshake. Ava walks to the house next to the one they pulled up to. Tommy grabs a plastic bag filled with random things and walks up to the house in front of him. He rings the doorbell.*

Sarah: *from inside the house* Mom, your idiot son is at the door!

*Tommy busts out laughing as his mom opens the door. The two hug as if they haven't seen each other in a long time. The two walk in the house and his dad walks into the living room to greet him. Those two hug and they all sit down in the living room.*

Mother Hart: What's in the bag?

Tommy: Oh, it's gifts for you guys!

*Tommy leans down and grabs the bag. He pulls out a snow globe and walks over to his mom.*

Tommy: A snow globe from Toronto for you, ma.

Mother Hart: Aw, thanks kid!

Tommy: No problem!

*Tommy grabs a large t-shirt and walks over to his dad.*

Tommy: A shirt from Dallas for you!

Father Hart: Thank you, boy.

Tommy: No worries. SARAH!

*Sarah runs down the hallway with a Nerf gun. Tommy sighs as he is pelted with Nerf bullets. Sarah stops shooting him and sighs.*

Sarah: You're no fun.

Tommy: Do you want the Cubs hat I bought you in Chicago or no? That's why I came here.

Sarah: Yes I want the Cubs hat!

Tommy: Well, you're gonna have to catch me now.

Sarah: Oh, it's on!

*The two begin to chase each other and run out of the house. The parents sit down and sigh with relief.*

Father Hart: It's been four years and those two still have not changed.

Mother Hart: They're kids, what do you expect?

*The scene cuts to Tommy and Sarah running in the street. Tommy is carrying a Chicago Cubs hat. Sarah keeps reaching for it, but Tommy keeps faking her out. Sarah ends up tackling Tommy in their front yard as the two laugh.*

Tommy: I missed ya, kid.

Sarah: Missed you too, bozo. How was tour?

Tommy: I'll tell you and the whole family if you get off of me.

Sarah: Give me the hat first.

Tommy: Ugh, fine.

*Tommy gives Sarah the hat and the two get up and go in the house.*

Father Hart: You two have not changed a bit.

Tommy: Siblings are siblings, padre.

Mother Hart: You are two peas in a pod, that's for sure.

Sarah: That's what you get for having two of us. So, Tomathy, how was tour?

Tommy: Did you just call me Tomathy?

Sarah: Yessir.

Tommy: Did Luke teach you that one?

Sarah: Yeah, why?

Tommy: Thought so. Anyway, tour was amazing. We played some street hockey before each show, filmed most of our next album/film in Vegas, and Jamie met her celebrity crush in Vancouver.

Father Hart: Who's her celebrity crush?

Tommy: The one guy from the Vancouver Canucks, Brock Boeser. They did a radio show and I guess him and one of the other Canucks guys won tickets to that. He got her number which is pretty funny.

Father Hart: She's making moves. Speaking of which...

*The scene splits to the Hart family talking and the Lynn family talking.*

Both mothers: Have you talked to him/her about how you feel?

Tommy and Ava: Not yet. I wanted to wait until after tour.

*The scene goes to Ava and her family talking.*

Mother Lynn: What are you going to do?

Ava: I'm gonna have to talk to him. I just don't know what to say.

Mother Lynn: He's a good kid, Ava. He's great for you. I know you guys dated in high school, but it wasn't the right time. Now is probably the right time.

Father Lynn: I love the kid, Tommy is amazing. He has my approval.

Ava: I know, I just don't think he feels the same way.

*The scene cuts back to the Hart family.*

Tommy: It hurts me to not tell her, but I know she doesn't feel the same way. I don't want to ruin the band dynamic we have right now.

Sarah: If you don't tell Ava in the next three days, I'll tell her for you.

Tommy: No, stay out of this!

Mother Hart: Tommy, just tell her how you feel, and that you don't want to ruin the relationship you already have. What if she feels the same way?

Tommy: She's not going to feel the same way. I will tell her, I just don't know how.

Mother Hart: Things will work out. You two are a match made in heaven.

*The screen splits between the two as both of their phones ding. They both tell their parents they have to leave, hug them, and meet up at the car.*

Tommy: So, how was your visit?

Ava: It was good,  my mom was trying so hard to