Chapter 30 - Pieces of your soul

TW: Shouting/Arguing, Mentions of abuse, Mentions of Alcoholism

( Bonus: Tommy being socially awkward around teenage girls)

Drista sat opposite of her friend. What were the chances that Lani would come back? Tommy was watching the two as they stared at each other from across the room.

"Am I interrupting?" Tommy asked, backing up.

"How are you here?" Drista asked immediately.

"I heard about the Masquerade. I also heard my brother was there. The last time I saw him he was a terrified President. So, I came to check on him. But when I got to L'Manberg it was gone, so I found myself out here. Then I found you." Lani moved her cloak a little farther back.

"I thought you were dead." Drista blurted out.

"I thought you were too." Lani replied.

"Like, am I actually interrupting-" Tommy tried to say again.

"We really need to get better at keeping track of our friends." Drista was looking over her friend, just checking to see if there was some sort of disguise and this was a trap.

"We do."

"Wilbur, let us out." Niki ordered, getting ignored by the man once again. "Wilbur Soot, you will let us out of this prison because you owe us. You fucked up in every single way possible. You don't just owe us this, you owe us an apology. You owe me an apology. A big one for what you did. And If you can't see your own mistakes then you really are a self-centered piece of SHIT!" Wilbur turned to look at her at this.

"What the fuck do I have to apologize to you for?"

Niki scoffed, turning and walking away from the bars. "Unbelievable." Wilbur stormed up to the bars.

"No, I would like to know! Tell me Niki! TELL ME! I have nothing to apologize to you for!"

"YOU NAIVE ASSHOLE! Think Pogtopia and Manberg. Look back at that time and say you have nothing to apologize for! Do it!"

"I DO HAVE NOTHING TO APOLOGIZE FOR!" Wilbur shouted.

"You left me, Wilbur! You left me with Schlatt! You could have come back for me so many times! You left me to watch the flag that I made burn! Schlatt was horrible to me, and all I did was try to keep your memory of L'Manberg alive, I tried to follow your lead. I wanted to keep our home alive." Tears were streaming down Niki's face at this point. "I was left behind, fighting for a leader that had given up on me. I fought for you when you had already given up. Do you know what I lost during that time?!"

Wilbur had gone silent now, but Niki wasn't done yet. "So go on Wil, tell me again that you have nothing to apologize for. Let me stay the way you made me. Let me remain scattered in pieces, because I know you would rather I stay that way." Wilbur turned and left the room, slamming the door. Niki dropped to her knees, sobs racking her body. Memories of a burning flag before her eyes.

Phil sat alone in a cell. He had pushed himself against a wall. Then the door slammed open.

"You really fucking changed her didn't you?!" Wilbur exclaimed. Phil rolled his eyes.

"That was you, Wilbur. You broke her, Techno and I were only trying to pick up the pieces." Wilbur didn't seem to like that response.
"I didn't. I didn't do anything!" But, Wilbur was thinking something behind his eyes. Some sort of conflict. Phil could tell that.

"When she saw Ghostbur for the first time she damn-well almost had a panic attack. Because she thought it was you! Niki had finally, finally started to move on. I started to move on. You fucking destroyed us. You destroyed Me. You destroyed Niki. You destroyed Tommy. You destroyed Tubbo. You destroyed Fundy. The list goes on. You ruined countless lives when you blew up L'Manberg, and now your back, saying you weren't in the wrong. Wilbur if this is your ending symphony then it's a pretty fucking bad finale."