Chapter 4

Two hours after the servants had all finished preparing the house, the family arrived. Bruno ran in first, followed by Gretel and Bruno. Finally, Herr Knommandant walked in.

"I have some business to take care of," he said to his family," I'll see you shortly." He walked into his office and another soldier inside closed the door.

Elsa turned to her children. "Well what do we think?"

No reply.

"Oh  come on it's lovely." She tried to sound happy, but her voice betrayed her. "You two choose your rooms, I'll have-" she didn't even get to finish her sentence when Gretel sprinted up the stairs, almost knocking Bruno over in the process, he then trudged up after her. Elsa turned, taking in every detail of the house, it wasn't as good as she hoped it would be. Dominion was walking past into the kitchen, Elsa spotted her. "Dominion," she called.

"Yes Ma'am," Dominion turned to look at her.

"Would you mind helping Gretel unpack, I'll send Maria up to help Bruno."

"Of course not, which room is she in?"

Elsa chuckled, "I don't know, she just ran up to choose one."

Dominion nodded then made her way upstairs, peaking in all of the bedrooms to find Gretel. When she did find ger, she was sat on the edge of her bed, brushing one of her dolls' hair.

"Hello, Miss Gretel," Dominion smiled, "I'm just going to help you unpack."

"Thank you." Gretel replied.

The two went about the room, Gretel arranging her dolls on the shelves whilst Dominion folded clothes, put books on shelves and arranged drawers. Once the two were done, Dominion went to help Maria with Bruno's room, he had a lot more toys and things than Gretel, so no doubt it would take Maria a while to sort it all. It was only as she left Gretel's room that she realised she didn't know where Bruno's room was, so again she went poking her head in each room to find him. As Dominion went to peek in the second room, she collided with a soldier and fell to the floor.

"I'm so sorry," another male voice rushed to help her up," are you alright miss?"

"I'm fine, thank you. It's not the first time I've fallen today," she laughed awkwardly.

"When was the first?" The soldier asked, his green eyes burning into her.

"Earlier this morning, I almost fell on the stairs but another soldier stopped me."

"Oh really, which one?" 

"Lieutenant Kurt Kotler."

The soldier's facial expression softened at the mention of Kotler's name.

"I haven't introduced myself, Rolf Braun " he extended his hand for Dominion to shake.

"Dominion Robert," Dominion smiled and they both shook hands.

For the second time that day, Dominion had met someone that would change her life.