Prologue

There was what seemed like an endless amount of darkness as her body smacked against the water. What is usually the purest color of blue ocean water had turned green in an instant. The warm beautiful water that she swam in her entire life had made her stomach turn round and round till she was pulled out of the water.

Two sets of hands gripped underneath her armpits for the sun to shine directly into her eyes, causing her to be blind for a good minute. Her head was pounding harder than a mallet hitting a drum and the sun was only making it worse.

Get me to the base...

Get me to the base...

At first her body didn't even process what had just happened to her. Her brain was still telling her that everything was still there in one piece, which allowed her to stay calm instead of diving headfirst into hysteria. Perhaps because she has seen this situation countless times considering how dangerous these waters were in her home world. The number of times she's witnessed people torn apart in this same situation was possibly another reason she wasn't shrieking in pain.

When her body was placed onto the boat. She could hear people yelling, running all over the place, and even someone chanting. The smell of vomit began wafting around her causing reality to begin setting in, slow at first till the pain set in like a snap of a finger. Ripping her even more than she was already torn up.

Nevertheless, she wouldn't dare scream.

Even if she did scream, no sound would come out no matter how hard she tried.

When she turned her head to see what was happening. The commander had vomit coming out of his mouth as he attempted to keep it from spewing all over the deck. His fingers covered but some of it began working its way over to her head.

Before it touched, the two men picked up her body to place her on top of a table. A bright light shined in her eyes again, causing her to catch a glance below her waist. Pieces of skin were all that were left around her mid thighs. That smoldering sun along with the salt water was causing her entire body to feel like a sponge that was hardening from being out of water, even the open wounds of her body were beginning to burn as if they were ignited by the sun.

Get me..to..base..

Get me...to...base..