Chapter 9- Is it the end?

She was holding door knob when Abhimanyu determinedly said " Dhyan rakhna Apna... Aur jis sawaal se tum bhaag rahi ho uska jawab ab Sir denge"

While Akshara was leaving she accidentally bumped into a man and his wallet fell.

She picked it up and followed him in the corridor to give it back and the man entered the last room she was going to knock but the patient caught his attention. She couldn't be wrong it was the same person who escaped from the building when she was fighting with the kidnappers. He was one among them.

That man accompanied that goon for treatment of his broken arm which was injured during the fight.

She was anyways part of Sia's kidnapping investigation so she secretly clicked a picture of both of the men before they could notice her.

She sent silent prayers to god for this help. She was back to Udaipur with a motive and finally, she got some hope.

She need to search more about those men so after conflicting for a few minutes she decided to reach Abhimanyu for help

She went back and knocked on the door

"Come in" answered Abhimanyu who was busy reading the patient's file.

"Please have a seat," said Abhimanyu without looking up

"Haan Bataiye kya....Akshu tum wapis agayi?"

Akshara replied hesitantly " Woh...I need your help"

She sounded serious so Abhi reassured her "Please batao kya help chahiye...I'm always there for you"

"Abhi...mujhe ek patients ki details chahiye..I know it's confidential and against the rules to share private information and most importantly I don't have any official orders yet for doing it... It's important...Kya tum meri madad kar sakte ho?" She questioned hopefully.

Abhimanyu was confused as he didn't expect her to be asking about a patient.

"Ahmmm...Kya yeh kisi case ki investigation main kaam ayega?"

"Haan...woh patient ki details bahut important hai mere liye"

"Patient ka naam batao?"

"Abhi mujhe patient ka naam bhi nahi pata...sirf ek picture hai aur jis doctor se appointment thi unka Naam pata hai. Yeh rahi picture aur Dr. D. S. Singh se appointment thi is patient ki"

Abhimanyu assured her that he will share information as soon as possible.

Akshara took leave not before thanking him for his precious help.

Abhimanyu smiled to himself and said "Dr. Abhimanyu tumhari Jaan dusron ki Jaan bachati hai ab...Adat daal lo ayse jhatko ki."

Later in the evening at Birla's

Its Sangeet of Neirohi

Goenka's joined them for sangeet at Birla's.

Abhimanyu's heart skipped a beat seeing Akshu. She was wearing a lilac-colored lehenga which made her look more beautiful.

"Haye my Jaan looks so gorgeous" murmured Abhimanyu to himself.

Guests already left there were only a few friends and both families.

Abhimanyu wanted to give the file of details to Akshara. He was looking for the right opportunity to talk to her about the same.

Finally, he saw Akshara talking to his younger sister Nishtha.

He was moving to talk to her but before he could reach them

Harsh requested everyone "Attention everyone, I'm so happy to announce that my son Dr. Abhimanyu will be soon engaged to Ruby. Congratulations Minister Sahab we will soon become relatives"

Abhimanyu stood there shocked by the sudden announcement. He already had a bunch of questions for him but marriage alliance he didn't even ask him.

He turned to Akshara she looked disappointed but she quickly masked it with a fake smile before anyone could notice.

He silently left the room before anyone could congratulate him. He needed fresh air, this sudden announcement made him feel suffocated.

He was seething with anger as finally when things were falling into place after so long ...he did it again.

Later that night at the Dining table

Everyone was already having their dinner when Abhimanyu came back

Manjiri stopped him "Abhi Kahan gaya tha...Aja jaldi se khana kha le"

He sat at the dining table but before he could start Harsh questioned "Kahan Gaye the? Tumse minister sahab milna chahte the.. Bina mile kaise chale gaye?"

"Kisse milta aur kyu? " Abhimanyu said gritting his teeth

"Kya kyu... Rishta fix kiya hai tumhara Ruby ke sath" retorted Harsh

"Apne mujhse pucha yeh Rishta karne se pehle? " argued Abhimanyu clinching spoon in his fist

"Tumhe toh karni hi nahi hai na itni acchi ladki hai minister sahab ki beti....Kyu Manjiri kitni polite thi... Batao apne bete ko"

Before Manjiri could say anything Abhimanyu snapped at Harsh

"Kaun accha hai kaun nahi yeh baat aap toh mat hi kijiye"

"Yeh kaise baat kar rahe toh tum...baap hun main tumhara"

He took a plate and threw it on the floor breaking it into pieces

"Yeh tod phod karne se kya hoga? Batao " screamed Harsh.

"Shayad wahi Sir jo guitar todne se ho jata hai..." responded Abhi trying to maintain his calm.

Harsh was fuming but he didn't want to answer him so he ignored him and left the table but Abhimanyu poked again "Batate to jaiye ki aysa kya bola tha Aapne use"

" Jab usne aadhi baat bata hi di hi toh puri baat batane mein sharam aarahi thi use...huh" responded Harsh before leaving.

In Room

He was thinking about Akshara and how changed she was but for him, it was his Akshu that same soft-hearted sweet girl with a melodious voice.

Abhimanyu realized he didn't give the file so he texted Akshara to inform her "Details mujhe mil gayi hai, Tum Kal hospital main le Lena, Good night."

She replied after a few minutes "Okay"

Exhaustion took over him and he slept thinking about her.

Akshara after replying to him kept her phone aside and saw the bracelet gifted by Abhimanyu to her. Her happiness was short-lived coz his marriage alliance was fixed with Minister's daughter again reminding her that he is not hers anymore.

.

.

.

This is it for this chapter and apologies for the delay.

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter :)