Merch Spree

Summary: Luffy finds out the joy of buying clothes and merch.

AKA our white-haired captain getting deja vu by purchasing himself clothes. Nami and Sanji would be proud

***

Luffy slid the hanger that had the striped shirt he found interest in off the racket.

Sanji and Nami would be proud of him when he's actually taking care of his appearance now, although he was forced by his dad at first. Picking out fancy kimonos and yukatas' which were pretty expensive. Luffy tried avoiding those costly clothing.

Even if Dragon had said over and over that he can afford those pricey stuff, Luffy still has that lingering effect of being poor and living outdoors. The house in Japan did have those mini ponds and open areas that he could walk around in for comfort.

Looking at the expensive brand suits made him feel weird, he wanted so badly to just find his nakama himself then rather wait for them to find him. And maybe buy them their own clothes, would they like houses? Or maybe laptops!

Okay that might be overkill... However, ... "No! Luffy, snap out of it!" He whispered aggressively to himself. Doesn't Grandline University have fees for the students to pay? His friend-butler Raf told him that when some weren't willing to pay then they have to impress the Director in a fight.

Speaking of the Director, who were they? They could be a woman or a man. And really strong too! It really just depends on what type of person they are, Luffy nodded and threw the shirt into shopping carts. He was just running around, treating himself with new things and items his other friends in the Mansion would like.

Luffy dislikes viewing them as his 'maids' and 'minions' so he views them as his dad's friends that he was lucky to meet and taken care for. The mansion was rather... Large, bigger than the 'Moby Dick' and that was a pretty huge ship since Ace's old man (Who was also his captain) was enormous too.

Yaminah, his friend that had much darker skin than the others, her lips were also plump. Had a family from Arab and she was working in Portugal so she could provide for her younger siblings' education. "Raf, do you think Minah's little siblings would like foreign snacks?" The teen's eyes sparkled at the thought of giving delicious snacks to his friend's family members that're working hard to study?

"They would appreciate it immensely, Young master." The butler replied with his eyes closed in less than a second after he was done uttering the words.

When he cracked one eye open, the teen was no longer on the spot he presumed he was in; Rafael freaked out, "Young master?!"

 With the white-haired teen, he had caught a glimpse of a special section in the clothing store. The clothing store could be entered in three of the giant mall's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd floors. All in all? It was a LOT larger than the other stores.

He ran as fast as he could in his Zori's, not noticing a familiar green-haired and shark-teeth man as he passed by. The man's nose was pierced with a golden piece along with his ears that had golden earrings. He had a wild choice of clothing, a dagger hoisted around his waist (he managed to always bring it anywhere), and his brown (almost copper red) eyes widened as the white-haired teen with an easily identified crescent scar zoomed pass him.

Time slowed for him as his eyes followed the way those wide eyes sparkled brightly with mischief, long white locks flowing around anywhere they wanted (as if they were free to do so and they were), the toothy grin that was filled with the utmost warmth and excitement.

Bartolomeo the Cannibal knows this man like the back of his home sea.

"Lu- Luffy-sempai!" The teen froze, instantly whipping his head to his direction.

"Rooster-head...? Sharp teeth?" Bartolomeo's heart soared; Luffy-sempai remembers the nicknames he gave him! The confusion on his captain's face turned to relief and happiness, His captain was happy to see him!

"Bartolomeo!" Uncharacteristically saying his full name, the wide grin somehow becoming wider and rubbery arms extended as they shot forward around him. He was being pulled into a hug by his sempai!

"It's been way WAY too long since I lost saw you! How are you? I just got here from Japan! Is everyone alright?" Luffy rambled as he let go of the taller man to let him breathe, although he was sucking in for air, Bartolomeo was beyond happy.

"Is this an order? A status reports? I've been handling things quite well, Luffy-sempai! Everyone has been keeping contact!" He was crying a river when Luffy smiled brightly at that piece of information.

"That's good! Really good! I'm happy..." He trailed off; the 2nd Division commander of the Straw Hat Grand Fleet noticed the atmosphere's sudden change from joy to gravely serious.

"Forgive me, Barto. As captain and well, technically you're captain too. I should've gotten here sooner, instead, I only came when it was relevant for me." Luffy bowed his head apologetically to the man, "I'm sorry-" "Se-" "I know what you're about to say, but don't ruin this good moment!" He pouted, also pointing out his advanced 'I can see seconds into the future' Observation haki.

Bartolomeo the Cannibal smiled as equally wide as his captain.

"Also, keep this meeting hush-hush. I wanna surprise everyone!" and the world.

Oh, they aren't going to last long. Now that the Pirate King was back.

*** 

"WOAH, SUGOI!!!" Luffy gasped rather loudly at the merchandise, he knew him and his crew would go down; written in the history books. However, he did not peg for the future population of the world to idolize and follow his idea of freedom. 'Idea of freedom', he was free from that too. Barto had graciously shown him the special section he had caught sight upon.

To his shock when he got a close-up view, it was merchandise of his crew! Plushies of his crew members (oh he so badly wants the Chopper and Franky one!), action figures of them (Zoro was posing the exact same way he did in Little Garden! Oh, that was an awfully long time ago!), and straw hats! Slushie cups with their ships (both Merry AND Sunny!) painted on them. Toy versions of Nami's clima-tact and Usopp's Kabuto. They also sold CHOPPER'S HAT, DEAR GOODNESS! THE PRODUCERS AND DESIGNERS THOUGHT OF EVERYHING!

"Barto, get a shopping cart! We're going to buy five of each of these!"

"Hai, sempai!"

"YOUNG MASTER, THERE YOU ARE!"

"AHHH! RAF!"

He did buy his merchandise after buying his expensive tuxedo though.

***

Thank you so much for the support even if we still only have 3 chapters!

Next, The Wait Ends/Beginning of The Semester